UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Non liberal

So why exactly are you trying so hard to stop that from happening? Oh yeah, because you’re the type of person who has to remind everyone constantly you’re not a liberal, in nearly every comment and even in your freaking username, so of course your the person who would vote against their own self interests. Cut your nose to spite your face, as they say
It’s too late for one, two I want what me and all the other full timers have coming to us who bust their asses not seeing their kids grow up, putting up with the trivial bull:censored2: from supervisors at this place every single day. We want paid handsomely for our time, other wise I would go start my own business. If we don’t make top dollar here, half of us wouldn’t be here putting up with this garbage! And when things like today happen, which I predicted would happen, negotiations stop because PT weren’t being compensated enough, it pisses me off. Like I said, you expect me to go on strike and forfeit my 1500 paycheck so you can make the same hourly wage as me, yet you would only have to forfeit what? Half? Not even? Meanwhile, im sacrificing home life, sleep, health, who knows what else I’m missing. Whatever don’t matter anyway, like I said, you’ll get your way because unions are liberal, and that’s just the way it is. Like everything else these days, just don’t expect me or others to be happy about it.

HarryWarden

Yeah.... learning zip codes is definitely comparable to the needed computer skills.

Wonder why that position paid an additional dollar an hour when first offered?
computer skills? Are you serious? It’s not freaking coding

You’re seriously claiming those “computer skills” require an extra $15 an hour for a ten year loader?

HarryWarden

It’s too late for one, two I want what me and all the other full timers have coming to us who bust their asses not seeing their kids grow up, putting up with the trivial bull:censored2: from supervisors at this place every single day. We want paid handsomely for our time, other wise I would go start my own business. If we don’t make top dollar here, half of us wouldn’t be here putting up with this garbage! And when things like today happen, which I predicted would happen, negotiations stop because PT weren’t being compensated enough, it pisses me off. Like I said, you expect me to go on strike and forfeit my 1500 paycheck so you can make the same hourly wage as me, yet you would only have to forfeit what? Half? Not even? Meanwhile, im sacrificing home life, sleep, health, who knows what else I’m missing. Whatever don’t matter anyway, like I said, you’ll get your way because unions are liberal, and that’s just the way it is. Like everything else these days, just don’t expect me or others to be happy about it.
Man, just listen to what you’re saying. You want others to suffer because you had to?

And it’s bizarre you still don’t understand the equal pay for equal work part. Im going to explain it again, please read this because I hope we can come to an understanding. Please

Im not saying we deserve the same pay. You work double the hours, you get double the pay. You’re telling me that you could have raised your family and lived your life by cutting every one of your paychecks in half? You would have lived comfortably like that?

I’m guessing not. I’m guessing you still would have worked full time because you wanted to work the more hours to make more money to support your family

Even if part time workers get the same hourly rate as you, they’re still getting paid as half as much, because they’re working half the hours. Part time vs part time

in the 1980s part timers for nearly the same hourly rate as full timers for doing same work. They just worked less hours, that’s what im saying

By the way, since you’re so anti liberal, back in the 80s with higher wages for part timers, then before that higher taxes for the rich by nearly double, and ceo top pay was 10x the lowest employee, compared to 400x like now. I’m very curious when this conservative American was great to you? Because to me, it sounds like your conservative polices have made you absolutley miserable and made you miss out on your family life and it makes you mad but you’re taking it out on the wrong people, and just want it harder and worse for the next generations…

shalang

I’ve been here for over 10 years, where on earth did you get the idea I just started?

Me loading for 10 years has me at pay of $18 an hour. A full time loader/unloader with the same company senority doing the exact same work will at $35 an hour. I am saying max pay for part time and full time work should be the same
I wasn't saying you specifically, I was giving an example.

Now that I know you have 10 years with the company, would it be fair for me to make the same hourly rate as you if I only have 1 year with the company? If anything, you should have a much higher hourly rate than myself at the end of the contractual progression, not a progression for me to catch up to you and only making a couple bucks under you. Thats you being screwed over contractually in favor of new blood.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think that number is conservative. Good for them. I hope they enjoy McDonald's, although I'm not aware of their healthcare coverage.
Screenshot_20211116-231638_Telegram.jpg

HarryWarden

I wasn't saying you specifically, I was giving an example.

Now that I know you have 10 years with the company, would it be fair for me to make the same hourly rate as you if I only have 1 year with the company? If anything, you should have a much higher hourly rate than myself at the end of the contractual progression, not a progression for me to catch up to you and only making a couple bucks under you. Thats you being screwed over contractually in favor of new blood.
There is progression. Typically 4 years for top out pay

So let me ask you again, my original point. Me loading for ten years, do you think it’s fair for me to make $18 an hour compared to the loader next to me, working the same time, but is full time and does an unload shift after, to be making $35 an hour?

Don’t you think we should both be making the same rate for doing the exact same job, both being long term employees?

shalang

There is progression. Typically 4 years for top out pay

So let me ask you again, my original point. Me loading for ten years, do you think it’s fair for me to make $18 an hour compared to the loader next to me, working the same time, but is full time and does an unload shift after, to be making $35 an hour?

Don’t you think we should both be making the same rate for doing the exact same job, both being long term employees?
I see your point now for some reason I was under the impression you were implying something else.

To complicate things further, 22.2 hostlers for example make near driver rate, far above other FT and combo positions. P/T hostlers are at the regular P/T rate.

All that being said, would you prefer a different pay scale per position such as one rate for loaders, another for unloaders and another for hostlers? Or should all positions except for drivers be at the same rate?

HarryWarden

I see your point now for some reason I was under the impression you were implying something else.

To complicate things further, 22.2 hostlers for example make near driver rate, far above other FT and combo positions. P/T hostlers are at the regular P/T rate.

All that being said, would you prefer a different pay scale per position such as one rate for loaders, another for unloaders and another for hostlers? Or should all positions except for drivers be at the same rate?
That’s a good question. I think it’s fair to say most warehouse inside positions are close enough. As a loader, we tease unloaders for having an easier job, but honestly I think it’s close enough where we should all be paid the same. I would rather all of us get paid more. Equal pay for equal work. If you want more, work longer hours.

Drivers get paid more because they’re on the road and there’s additional responsibilities, I think that’s fair. I just do not believe working longer hours in the warehouse, doing the same job, means you deserve $15 more an hour for doing the same job

I think it should be $20-25 starting pay for part time warehouse position, with a 4 year progression to top out pay. Then if you want even more money, you can go full time and work longer hours

Non liberal

News flash buddy, you get benefits and a pension working part time also
Yes, that’s what I meant. Some of the full timers here wouldn’t be full time if the part timers made the same hourly wage. In other words they were here mostly for the benefits, and the full time wage was just a bonus.

HarryWarden

Yes, that’s what I meant. Some of the full timers here wouldn’t be full time if the part timers made the same hourly wage. In other words they were here mostly for the benefits, and the full time wage was just a bonus.
That makes zero sense. They wouldn’t be full
Time if part timers made the same hourly wage, because they’re here mostly for the benefits (that both full time and part time get) and the full time wage was just a bonus?

So why would higher pay for part time change anything for them if they’re only there for the benefits?

Also, why does that bother you so much? You just said it sucks so much missing out on so much of your life being full time, so why are you worried about others not being full time?

Funny, because other people are saying the opposite, that there would be no full time jobs because there would be no incentive

Also, starting pay for a loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour. Starting pay for a loader in 2012 was $8.50

After inflation, 80’s starting pay was about $25 an hour. Funny how they made it work back then
And ask @PT Car Washer how many PT jobs were around back then.

Non liberal

Man, just listen to what you’re saying. You want others to suffer because you had to?

And it’s bizarre you still don’t understand the equal pay for equal work part. Im going to explain it again, please read this because I hope we can come to an understanding. Please

Im not saying we deserve the same pay. You work double the hours, you get double the pay. You’re telling me that you could have raised your family and lived your life by cutting every one of your paychecks in half? You would have lived comfortably like that?

I’m guessing not. I’m guessing you still would have worked full time because you wanted to work the more hours to make more money to support your family

Even if part time workers get the same hourly rate as you, they’re still getting paid as half as much, because they’re working half the hours. Part time vs part time

in the 1980s part timers for nearly the same hourly rate as full timers for doing same work. They just worked less hours, that’s what im saying

By the way, since you’re so anti liberal, back in the 80s with higher wages for part timers, then before that higher taxes for the rich by nearly double, and ceo top pay was 10x the lowest employee, compared to 400x like now. I’m very curious when this conservative American was great to you? Because to me, it sounds like your conservative polices have made you absolutley miserable and made you miss out on your family life and it makes you mad but you’re taking it out on the wrong people, and just want it harder and worse for the next generations…
Ok will I please read this now? Because I bust my ass twice as hard as you do, I don’t want to give up potential money so you can be paid like a full timer. Do u understand yet? You take up negotiating space in my contract as far as I’m concerned. And yes, I would have made different life decisions way back when if par timers could make 600 wk. I’m sorry I just work too much under too much stress to strike for a bunch of PT I’ve got bills to pay, I don’t have the luxury of going home to moms basement, or my wife’s house.

Non liberal

That makes zero sense. They wouldn’t be full
Time if part timers made the same hourly wage, because they’re here mostly for the benefits (that both full time and part time get) and the full time wage was just a bonus?

So why would higher pay for part time change anything for them if they’re only there for the benefits?

Also, why does that bother you so much? You just said it sucks so much missing out on so much of your life being full time, so why are you worried about others not being full time?
SOME, do u see the word SOME? I didn’t say it would take all the full timers away. I said some. It’s kind of simple really. The closer PT pay gets to FT pay, the easier it becomes for someone to take the PT gig. Because it sucks working for these :censored2:s. Do u understand yet? Not worried about anyone not being full time untill they take up the FT negotiating space. Then it down right pisses me off! If you want FT top rate, then go FT. Otherwise stop groveling.

HarryWarden

Ok will I please read this now? Because I bust my ass twice as hard as you do, I don’t want to give up potential money so you can be paid like a full timer. Do u understand yet? You take up negotiating space in my contract as far as I’m concerned. And yes, I would have made different life decisions way back when if par timers could make 600 wk. I’m sorry I just work too much under too much stress to strike for a bunch of PT I’ve got bills to pay, I don’t have the luxury of going home to moms basement, or my wife’s house.
I tried being nice and civil with you and you’re still just attacking and making assumptions about me

You’re more focused on fellow workers making money than the CEO making more in one year than you’ll make in a lifetime

I’m sorry you’re not happy with your life. The difference is, I’m trying to make future generations lives more enjoyable, you want the opposite

Why even work a union job? You’re so proud on not being a liberal, yet you don’t put your money where your mouth is. See what your buddies on Fox News have to say about unions.

And you never answered my question about when you think america was great? Because to me, it seems like your conservative policies are the one that made your life so miserable