UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

I'm pointing out that if they'd have kept wages in line, it would've protected FT jobs and your precious PT jobs would be minimized. At some point it's cheaper amd easier to pay me OT than it is to pay high wages for a PTer and all of the secondary costs on top of it.
it's the fixed hiring cost + benefits, it's extremely expensive compared to OT

Blackrock and Vanguard run this. Not management. Simple as that
1675883789432394.gif

Brownsocks

Just a dog
We've already seen how pro labor Biden is. Did you forget the railroad strike?
I agree 1000%,.
Thanks to Joe the Democrats pissed off 100k rail workers, so I'm not sure they really want to piss off 340k UPS workers and the Teamsters. If you remember Biden only won the presidency by 44k ballots in the deciding states.

I agree 1000%,.
Thanks to Joe the Democrats pissed off 100k rail workers, so I'm not sure they really want to piss off 340k UPS workers and the Teamsters. If you remember Biden only won the presidency by 44k ballots in the deciding states.
your votes don't count

who needs 340k teamsters when you have 2mil "voters" coming across the border annually

Brownsocks

Just a dog
your votes don't count

who needs 340k teamsters when you have 2mil "voters" coming across the border annually
I agree. Fortunately Republicans have started their own ballot harvesting operations. Atleast 50% of those immigrants are conservative, so maybe we should look in to that too.

9.5mania

My god this thread has gotten out of control. Went through 8 pages of the same arguments, so here is my take.

You aren’t gonna like it, but there is a real distinction between PT and FT. One is a job, while the other is a career. Yes, I get you both do the same job, and yes, you have shown your commitment to the job by working here 10yrs., but all companies invest more in FT salaries over their part time counterparts. You may do the same thing but the fact remains you both don’t have the same job. I realize his FT job isn’t normal and he does porter work afterwards but please don’t straw man the PT vs FT distinction due to this position at UPS. You get paid less because UPS values and respects FT over PT for their commitment to making UPS their career, placing all their eggs in this basket.

Your argument over RPCD on 9.5 list isn’t logical because they have the same job while you and the FT guy don’t. I think I understand where you were headed so I’ll try to firm it up for you. Should TCD’s and PVD’s make the same as a RPCD? My answer is no, even though they do the same job as I do. Why? Because the company has invested more training and time into me than them. This is a career to me while it is just a job for them. Therefore, I get paid more based on the commitment the company and myself made to each other. We all fought against the 22.4’s being paid less because they are FT doing the same thing as RPCD’s. The distinction, again, is they deserve same pay because they are FT not PT like TCD’s.

We all agree that you making $17 is garbage and you deserve more, but you don’t deserve as much as a FT employee. You won’t agree with my assessment, and I respect that, but I’m still correct. We have your back demanding more pay, $20 seems fair to me starting off and giving you and others catch up pay for your years of service.

anonymous23456

I think PT and FT people should get the same basic wage pay and progression. The difference should be pension and health benefits. PT should get less in that area.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve been here for over 10 years, where on earth did you get the idea I just started?

Me loading for 10 years has me at pay of $18 an hour. A full time loader/unloader with the same company senority doing the exact same work will at $35 an hour. I am saying max pay for part time and full time work should be the same

Not how it works my friend
You want full time pay
Get a fulltime job

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For the tenth time I’m not talking about drivers. I am talking about EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK. I am a loader, so I am talking about pay for loaders.

If I have been here 10 years loading, I should make the same hourly pay as a full time loader, since we are doing the same work and are both long term employees

Nope you’re part time