UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Imagine being forced to strike because these guys are demanding $25-$30.
I just hope the bennies aren’t at risk. I remember that being gold to me as a part timer. I worked 2-3 jobs while part time to make up for what I wasnt making in preload. People have family members that rely on that insurance, would be a damn shame if it gets cut down.

They technically do not have a pension now except those under the Western.

What is the percentage of the starting part timers who are willing to stay 5 years in order to become vested. Even if they work past 5 years, let us say 10 or 15 years they would still not be able to collect till age 65, without that 6 % penalty.

10 years at 55 dollars a service year = 550 a month only at age 65. If they decide to collect once they leave UPS at age 55, their pension benefits are cut 60 percent…slightly under 275 a month..it might be able to pay your cell phone bill.

Yea right part time pension…:felloforit1:
PT currently receive $65 a month for a service year in 25, 30 and 35 year increments. So 35 service years is $2275 a month pension.

ManInBrown

Anyone see O’Brien on CNN this morning? I thought the host was very favorable to UPS in his questioning. Almost a little hostile towards O’Brien. Not surprised in the least since the left is now the party of elitists. How dare you not obey your corporate overlords Mr. O’Brien vibes.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Maybe if they'd have at least acted like they cared and bothered to ever vote come election or contract time instead of routinely abstaining, they perhaps could get closer to both.

Once the company knows a huge part of the rank and file aren't motivated enough to care either way, then it's obvious which way the company is going to go.

We need to get rid of every part time position, our current part timers need to become full timers, none of this working over 30 hour business.

A lot of the full timers blame these kids for not voting..In reality we have a vast majority of our senior full timers that still don’t participate.

With the 2018 Contract the Union were counting on those low seniority part timers to vote in order to get that concessionary contract to pass. These kids were just looking a a bump in pay, some of them were just waiting to get their retro checks and quit. Does anyone know what the ratio is for part time and full timers, last I heard it was 60 pt/40 ft..?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hmmm. That's another angle. It's like illegals using fake SS and paying into it?
If you are saying they both come out ahead, then yes. Illegal's pay the social security vig in order to get the paycheck. Part-timers would gladly take the pay raise and the higher dues.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
PT currently receive $65 a month for a service year in 25, 30 and 35 year increments. So 35 service years is $2275 a month pension.

You are a rarity now..how many part timers stay part time after 35 years. Probably count them on one hand. That 65 a month only counts for those years past 2008. Better read the fine print..2275 subtract spousal reduction 2,000, subtract 400 for healthcare, now you are at 1,600 subtract federal and state taxes = 1,300.. in your case after close to 45 years service and most of that working full time hours.

Again (part time pension)… :felloforit1:

Trash Panda

Anyone see O’Brien on CNN this morning? I thought the host was very favorable to UPS in his questioning. Almost a little hostile towards O’Brien. Not surprised in the least since the left is now the party of elitists. How dare you not obey your corporate overlords Mr. O’Brien vibes.
Haven't seen it but have been paying attention to other media sources. Easy to spot which are pro or anti company/union. Typical finger pointing dog and pony show. Get the popcorn.

Media doesn't have a clue what questions to ask nor the bs the company has been up to like restructuring sleepers and people having to eventually relocate now that they dovetailed to the other locations.

Alot of issues on the table. Volume down, sorts shutting down, layoffs. Drivers struggling to get one punch a week for insurance. Would be nice to see that change but yet here we are and They only focus on surface level issues like AC.

All i can say is glad we’re getting support from the IPA and others as well as general public.

Is it go time yet?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Maybe if they'd have at least acted like they cared and bothered to ever vote come election or contract time instead of routinely abstaining, they perhaps could get closer to both.

Once the company knows a huge part of the rank and file aren't motivated enough to care either way, then it's obvious which way the company is going to go.
Most part timers don't stay 5 years because they can make the same pay at McDonald's working in better conditions, 15 bucks is :censored2: and ups can sit by and do nothing or get forced to raise it when cities do it for them

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I just hope the bennies aren’t at risk. I remember that being gold to me as a part timer. I worked 2-3 jobs while part time to make up for what I wasnt making in preload. People have family members that rely on that insurance, would be a damn shame if it gets cut down.
You already have to wait a year to get it