UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

anonymous23456

Someone said:
"It's easy to find someone who can work full-time at UPS. Not nearly as easy for someone to make the part-time lifestyle work for them. Reliable, knowledgeable, experienced part-timers provide tremendous economic value to UPS. They should be paid accordingly."

UPS likes PT because they pay less.

Someone said:
"It's easy to find someone who can work full-time at UPS. Not nearly as easy for someone to make the part-time lifestyle work for them. Reliable, knowledgeable, experienced part-timers provide tremendous economic value to UPS. They should be paid accordingly."

UPS likes PT because they pay less.
Not just less but minimum wages vs. highest wages in the industry.

Up In Smoke

I have it on a pretty solid source that the part time wages are the sticking point. The committee was afraid the full time vote totals would render the or with a sub standard contract.

vvv

I have it on a pretty solid source that the part time wages are the sticking point. The committee was afraid the full time vote totals would render the or with a sub standard contract.
I don't observe what every single part timer does at UPS, but judging who I am directly involved with which would be the preload.....the majority of them and the way they work deserve to be stuck at the 1990's wages of $8-9 an hour.

The sloppy, careless crap loads I receive on a daily basis (whenever I work) is just horrendous.
They deserve no more than a Happy Meal and roundtrip public transportation fare to get to work for their performance.

If you jump their pay up from say $15 to $25 you will not get better effort from the existing employees, nor will you attract any new hires that show any ambition to show up to work daily and do the job properly. Todays younger generation is trash for the most part.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Imagine being forced to strike because these guys are demanding $25-$30.

Hadjabear

Imagine having another contract where UPS gets to set the Part time rate with a MRA then use that as a way to reduce staffing when needed by cutting the rate back to the union negotiated rate

Undertow

Maybe if they'd have at least acted like they cared and bothered to ever vote come election or contract time instead of routinely abstaining, they perhaps could get closer to both.

Once the company knows a huge part of the rank and file aren't motivated enough to care either way, then it's obvious which way the company is going to go.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Would the part-timers take $25 with cut benefits and pension? They can't have both.

They technically do not have a pension now except those under the Western.

What is the percentage of the starting part timers who are willing to stay 5 years in order to become vested. Even if they work past 5 years, let us say 10 or 15 years they would still not be able to collect till age 65, without that 6 % penalty.

10 years at 55 dollars a service year = 550 a month only at age 65. If they decide to collect once they leave UPS at age 55, their pension benefits are cut 60 percent…slightly under 275 a month..it might be able to pay your cell phone bill.

Yea right part time pension…:felloforit1: