UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

ManInBrown

Haven't seen it but have been paying attention to other media sources. Easy to spot which are pro or anti company/union. Typical finger pointing dog and pony show. Get the popcorn.

Media doesn't have a clue what questions to ask nor the bs the company has been up to like restructuring sleepers and people having to eventually relocate now that they dovetailed to the other locations.

Alot of issues on the table. Volume down, sorts shutting down, layoffs. Drivers struggling to get one punch a week for insurance. Would be nice to see that change but yet here we are and They only focus on surface level issues like AC.

All i can say is glad we’re getting support from the IPA and others as well as general public.

Is it go time yet?
I tried to post it here. Go to teamsters Twitter page. The entire 5 minute video is posted. Whoever is running the teamsters PR needs to do a better job. They posted that he would be on CNN about ten minutes before it happened. That should be a two hour mimimim advanced notice.

If someone more tech savvy than me can figure out how to post the clip here that would be appreciated. The entire interview is in a 5 minute clip posted to Teamsters Twitter page.

Thebrownblob

I don't think I started using the insurance besides dental faithfully until about 35
Sure I really didn’t use it until I had a family but that’s not the point. It’s nice to get check ups if you need them and younger people don’t but they don’t also have any idea when they might have an emergency. I I know a 20-year-old he had $2 million worth of an emergency his part-time job ups/teamster job insurance paid for every bit of it except his deductible.

Most part timers don't stay 5 years because they can make the same pay at McDonald's working in better conditions, 15 bucks is :censored2: and ups can sit by and do nothing or get forced to raise it when cities do it for them
Shortsighted youths. Go ahead and go to McDonald's if you don't have the mettle to survive here. Sure, McD's is easier, but how many will ever make a very comfortable living there, or ever even have the opportunity to go full time? Ever?? If $15 or $20 at UPS isn't enough, then $15 or $20 at McDonald's or anywhere else isn't going to be enough. We play the long game here.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sure I really didn’t use it until I had a family but that’s not the point. It’s nice to get check ups if you need them and younger people don’t but they don’t also have any idea when they might have an emergency. I I know a 20-year-old he had $2 million worth of an emergency his part-time job ups/teamster job insurance paid for every bit of it except his deductible.
I don't disagree, just saying when your young it isn't the most important thing because you think ur invincible

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Shortsighted youths. Go ahead and go to McDonald's if you don't have the mettle to survive here. Sure, McD's is easier, but how many will ever make a very comfortable living there, or ever even have the opportunity to go full time? Ever?? If $15 or $20 at UPS isn't enough, then $15 or $20 at McDonald's or anywhere else isn't going to be enough. We play the long game here.
You don't view things like that when you are young

I don't know, I thought in 2008 contract that ups was giving control of the part time pension because central states sucks
It does, but it has to operate a plan regardless, they don't just cut checks out of the general fund every month. It has to be a separate plan functioning on its own to protect it and the members from the company.