UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

nWo

When I started we got insurance after 30 days and $8.50/hr was a pretty good pay rate.

Now insurance is 9 months? and the pay rate is below what similar jobs offer. I think that's effecting the quality of new hires.

And a new part timer at UPS has no idea how long it will take to go full-time. Versus other jobs that will offer ft right away.

And college students now can go work in an air conditioned office and make more than what UPS is willing to pay them.

Undertow

Most part timers don't stay 5 years because they can make the same pay at McDonald's working in better conditions, 15 bucks is :censored2: and ups can sit by and do nothing or get forced to raise it when cities do it for them
What worker at McDonald's currently has health care benefits? I don't believe all the single mom's working on preload prioritize what their hourly wage is over everything else.

K20A

They can be unhappy about it, but everyone needs to walk the line
I heard it’s starting PT starting wages that are the problem. I have no problem walking for current and especially long time part timers but for ppl who aren’t even paying dues yet? I don’t know about that. Let them earn their stripes. Put them on 6 year progression. Take care of the current employees first, UPS probably won’t be hiring like they used to for a few years anyways.

Trash Panda

I’m hearing a lot of FTers, apart from this forum getting very squirrely about a possible strike over PT wages. Everyone needs to stay the course and have faith in our leadership.
Same here, already know of a couple who voted no in the authorization vote. Dont blame them already starving out here due to lack of work.

Video from reference earlier
Interview wasnt terrible just stating public info and sean stuck to the script.

PT Car Washer

You are a rarity now..how many part timers stay part time after 35 years. Probably count them on one hand. That 65 a month only counts for those years past 2008. Better read the fine print..2275 subtract spousal reduction 2,000, subtract 400 for healthcare, now you are at 1,600 subtract federal and state taxes = 1,300.. in your case after close to 45 years service and most of that working full time hours.

Again (part time pension)… :felloforit1:
$2275 no spousal reduction, no healthcare premium, yes you have to pay Federal and any state taxes. Plus military Pension plus SS plus interest payments from IRA and 401k =about $80k to $90k a year.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
When I started we got insurance after 30 days and $8.50/hr was a pretty good pay rate.

Now insurance is 9 months? and the pay rate is below what similar jobs offer. I think that's effecting the quality of new hires.

And a new part timer at UPS has no idea how long it will take to go full-time. Versus other jobs that will offer ft right away.

And college students now can go work in an air conditioned office and make more than what UPS is willing to pay them.

Ups is the absolute worse company when it comes to informing its employees. I feel like it’s done on purpose.

Undertow

I remember beginning at $8 an hour and there were part timers that had already been there 5 years who had a starting rate of $12. $12 down to $8 felt like a pretty dramatic slash. But back then there wasn't a job down the road in an air conditioned office paying as much or more. There's certainly more choices, or at least more short term choices now.

ManInBrown

Older PTers are there strictly for the bennies. Younger ones have no interest in FT. Was not the case 10-15 years ago in my conversation thru the years with the PTers I’ve spoken to. A lot did want FT.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They can be unhappy about it, but everyone needs to walk the line
Exactly. No one is saying they’ll cross, no one likes a scab. Just sucks having to strike because they think they’re special. Every one of us had to work two jobs, sometimes three to make ends meet before we got our shot. They refuse to do that and instead want a FT’s wage with none of the work.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Older PTers are there strictly for the bennies. Younger ones have no interest in FT. Was not the case 10-15 years ago in my conversation thru the years with the PTers I’ve spoken to. A lot did want FT.

I think it’s because they don’t want to wait. This is the instant gratification era.

RTS313

Exactly. No one is saying they’ll cross, no one likes a scab. Just sucks having to strike because they think they’re special. Every one of us had to work two jobs, sometimes three to make ends meet before we got our shot. They refuse to do that and instead want a FT’s wage with none of the work.
I know a 19year part timer who became full time for 1 year full timer did least amount of work. Hurt his back left UPS. No FT pension just part time pension guy is struggling to survive

ManInBrown

I think it’s because they don’t want to wait. This is the instant gratification era.
Possibly but I also think it’s because they see FTers getting abused with long hours. One PTer I used to speak to when I got back told me hell no I’m not going FT. And what get back at 8pm every night. Too long a day for me. Lack of work ethic.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Possibly but I also think it’s because they see FTers getting abused with long hours. One PTer I used to speak to when I got back told me hell no I’m not going FT. And what get back at 8pm every night. Too long a day for me. Lack of work ethic.

I agree to an extent but it’s not like ups makes it enjoyable to work for.

PT Car Washer

45 years ago I went to top rate after 90 days. Would you call that "instant gratification"? Also made $.50/hr less than top rate delivery driver. I don't see anyone asking to go back to those days.