UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

HarryWarden

You have people like this all over my hub that just want to work three hours and be balling lol
I guess I’ll say it again

1980 starting pay loader $8.50
2010 starting oh loader $8.50

You guys are more worried about part timers making enough to be comfortable than you are worried about the CEO and shareholders stealing all the profits

Is that necessarily a bad thing? Depending on the upfront money?
No give the employees a nice catch up raise but let the company recoup it over the life of the contract
I'm not sure what their top rate is but it's a lot less than ours.
They got a $3.50 raise for the first year and $3 over the next four years

Or they could cut us old bastards a nice check and they would save a ton of money

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No give the employees a nice catch up raise but let the company recoup it over the life of the contract

Or they could cut us old bastards a nice check and they would save a ton of money
It would be nice if they bought out some old timers. I bet it would be a win win.Carol likes it.

$27/hr-ish and they got $6.50 overall. $3.50 up front and $3 over the next 4 years. Almost 15% raise day 1.

Brownwind

Again someone bringing up “part time not supposed to support a family” why does everyone keep saying this?

Nobody is talking about part time being able to raise a family. Do you guys really not understand even if part time has higher wages, a full time position gives you twice the hours and twice the pay?
I’m just trying to add to the discussion.

Sorry you’re never gonna get what you want in your job classification. At least you enjoy your job and get insurance. Full time always is waiting

Yur an @$$
Quality first post. I approve.

YellowMixedAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

HarryWarden

I’m just trying to add to the discussion.

Sorry you’re never gonna get what you want in your job classification. At least you enjoy your job and get insurance. Full time always is waiting
“Never going to get it” huh??

That’s the way it USED to be
After inflation, starting wage for loaders in the 80s was about $25 an hour today and there wasn’t as big of a gap with full timers

The ceo and shareholders weren’t stealing everything either