UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I accepted I’ll never be an RPCD
IMG_4523.gif

At that time in my life, if they said it was a six year progression, I’d have said where do I sign. I knew then what a union job meant. Period.
That's the main difference between us and most of newer employees.

They're not looking at this place is a career
I just wanted to get my foot in the door so I can get a little seniority and go driving

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Agreed. Anything 20 and up I’ll take.
My guess is you end up around 18 nationally. Shooting from the hip on that one.
They’d be getting what? A 20% raise? I’d take that.
I understand some of you former PTers were boned in the past contracts and conditioned to believe the slice of the pie can't get larger, only shifted to FTers but that isn't the case in 2023. Often the same folk who started here making double the minimum wage. UPS is not paying 25/h MRA and bonus out of the goodness of their hearts. All of us can and should win this contract. Starting pay must increase and tenured part-timers must be taken care of. The "livable" wage rhetoric is akin to Russian talking points. "PT UPS was not meant to be a career" - 2/3 the workforce are part-timers, the majority of them stuck @ or near minimum wage. Admit it.. you want it all for yourselves. You were mistreated by the union as PTers now it's all about ME. I can respect that type of honesty.
I was a part timer less than a year ago. You are wrong. I don’t want RPCDs to get all, or even most of the money.

Part time loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour
Part time loader in 2010 was $8.50 an hour

$8.50 went a LOT farther in 1980 than it did in 2010

You guys are so concerned about part time workers making slightly more money, you’re too distracted to care about how much money corporate and the CEO and the shareholders are stealing from you, and that’s exactly what they want

Also, too many people in here are acting like if a part time loader gets the same hourly rate as a full time warehouse worker, that their paychecks will be the same… a full timer will be twice as much because they are entitled to twice the hours. If you want to raise a family and want more hours, go full time
You don’t make 8.50 an hour now. 2010 wages aren’t really relevant.

HarryWarden

My guess is you end up around 18 nationally. Shooting from the hip on that one.

They’d be getting what? A 20% raise? I’d take that.

I was a part timer less than a year ago. You are wrong. I don’t want RPCDs to get all, or even most of the money.

You don’t make 8.50 an hour now. 2010 wages aren’t really relevant.
My point is, imagine what the pay would be now if the pay continually rose from the 80s to 2010 instead of stagnating

And look how well it worked on all of you. 1980 starting pay was $25 an hour after inflation, now lot of you guys on here are saying they don’t deserve it now