UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

PT Car Washer

when I became a pt supervisor I had to know all the small sort splits and to demonstrate that I could do the jobs and never ask a teamster to do more than I could.....that applied to all the jobs I had in the operation. I was a pt steward for 4 years and represented my people quite well. ups was a continuation of the way I was raised and my time in the infantry.....the ups culture was very similar......it was a great job and company.....too bad we stopped promoting from within...a shame......I was a teamster for 6 years before I took the tie......I think Sean does a great job protecting his people.......it is a give and take negotiations and some compromises are needed......in 1974 I was pt making 5.96 an hour with not as many benefits as today or opportunities to go ft.......lets not screw the pooch.........leadership/management by example was norm whereas now its not......semper fidelis
So in 50 years PT starting rate has gone up $10? Pitiful.

HarryWarden

Have a good night cuz you do not understand what you are doing wrong
I’ve never seen someone with such a big chip on their shoulder because they work a few extra hours a a day for a company.

The guy you’re talking to is happy and has a loving wife with almost a million dollars in retirement and you think you’re better than him because you’ve devoted more of your life to a company who doesn’t give a crap about you

I’ve never seen someone with such a big chip on their shoulder because they work a few extra hours a a day for a company.

The guy you’re talking to is happy and has a loving wife with almost a million dollars in retirement and you think you’re better than him because you’ve devoted more of your life to a company who doesn’t give a crap about you
You're so misguided it's ridiculous
He is using a loophole in a contract to get top rate meanwhile he is screwing a younger employee of getting a full-time bid

That guy has worked more hours than most FTers you know.

Thebrownblob

I’ll have to jump in on this one, the gentleman you’re talking about purposely screws other part-timers out of going full-time by taking full-time work continually and not forcing the company to create a job. If you’re angry about your pay me angry at someone like him, purposely violates our contract now.

He’s not doing anything except working. The company is the only one taking away opportunities. He is in here advocating higher pay for employees and talking about how much worse it has gone over the years. He’s advocating for his fellow workers, you’re trying to keep others pay lower and want people to work longer hours
Again you're incorrect
He is taking advantage of a loophole in a contract to to give himself some extra pay but denying younger Junior employees the one to advance from getting that opportunity to advance

HarryWarden

Again you're incorrect
He is taking advantage of a loophole in a contract to to give himself some extra pay but denying younger Junior employees the one to advance from getting that opportunity to advance
There you go again, blaming a fellow worker instead of the company.

You’re more concerned with part timers getting too much money than you are with the CEO and shareholders hoarding billions

I’ll have to jump in on this one, the gentleman you’re talking about purposely screws other part-timers out of going full-time by taking full-time work continually and not forcing the company to create a job. If you’re angry about your pay me angry at someone like him, purposely violates our contract now.
He is worse than upstate
Trying to have the business agent explain to the new drivers why $32 will be a new top rate.
This is not how a union works