What are you listening to? IV

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1432429617.638732.jpg

wkmac

More 8 Track cruising classics. Some 1970' British hard rock thanks to the band Trapeze. This band was produced by Moody Blues bassist John Lodge.

wkmac

One of the great blue standards of all time by one of the great bands to come out of the south. Was fortunate to see this incarnation of The Brothers circa 71' as they played in Charlotte NC just after the 2 Fillmore shows that became one of the greatest live albums ever recorded. My daughter who is also a musician bought me a pair of studio quality Sennheiser headphones and I love putting them on and listening to the late Berry Oakley's awesome bass lines. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed is another awesome classic. Listening to Duane and Dickey track one another on the melody to where it sounds like one guitar in stereo. Incredible timing and it's live. No special effects, auto tune or other technology tricks. All them. And dual drums as well.

wkmac

Floyd rocks!
Listened to the "Dark Side of the Mule" by Gov't Mule earlier tonight ... using headphones!

Yes, Floyd does. Was listening to another favorite band of mine from the 70's in Renaissance earlier tonight. Love so much of their stuff but like this song which uses Debussy from La Cathedral Engloutie as an intro/outro and then the visual, poetic lyrics of lyricist, the late Betty Thatcher. Baba coming from the NE fishing environs should love this song.

Here is the beautiful La Cathedral Engloutie which I find magnifico.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heading down to Albany to spend the day with my granddaughter, daughter and son-in-law. Thank goodness for Sirium XM as there are a lot of "dead zones" along the way. I usually keep it on the decades setting, surfing between the 70's, 80's and 90's.

This is what I have in my CD player:

The_Doors_-_L.A._Woman.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Heading down to Albany to spend the day with my granddaughter, daughter and son-in-law. Thank goodness for Sirium XM as there are a lot of "dead zones" along the way. I usually keep it on the decades setting, surfing between the 70's, 80's and 90's.

This is what I have in my CD player:

The_Doors_-_L.A._Woman.jpg
Drivers of the Storm