What will happen to the express Drivers....

bacha29

You guys seem to think 4B in the next 4 years is a lot of savings. The company gonna make like 400B in revenue by that time. You ain’t saving 4B by getting rid of your highest revenue source which is express.
What made this action necessary? Diminishing margins. Cross revenues is not what matters here. It's what's left over after the bills are paid is what's driving the action.

Express will still be there but will be run by sharecropper contractors and their very low paid labor.
Only a small remaining portion will still resemble the Express you're familiar with.

Remember the old saying:...."Ye who hesitates is lost".
In the meantime....Might be a good idea to keep an eye on which direction the rats are headed.

lilwizbiz

I thought they actually said that was the least profitable.
What made this action necessary? Diminishing margins. Cross revenues is not what matters here. It's what's left over after the bills are paid is what's driving the action.

Express will still be there but will be run by sharecropper contractors and their very low paid labor.
Only a small remaining portion will still resemble the Express you're familiar with.

Remember the old saying:...."Ye who hesitates is lost".
In the meantime....Might be a good idea to keep an eye on which direction the rats are headed.
It’s a recession mate, who are people more likely to ship with? Express or ground? The cheaper option of course. Express made almost a billion dollars in profits this time last year. It will bounce back it always does.

Guitarman01

I would say this would give UPS a great bargaining chip for any future strikes. Where else do you think you are going to go and get paid 45 an hour to deliver packages? Go try, see what you can find. Our competition is paying peanuts compared to what we are paying you guys.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Coming from a long retired Fedex employee who stands there with his thumb firmly planted in his bodily orifice not trying to do a thing to help the people who through no fault of their own are about to get their entire lives molested by the executives they once completely trusted.
And exactly HOW long has it been since YOU had boots on the ground? Your posts exhibit your irrational persona that you possess insider knowledge of events unfolding, with no disclaimer that you are speculating just like everyone else.

Any accurate conjecture on your part is only happenstance.

It will be fine

You guys seem to think 4B in the next 4 years is a lot of savings. The company gonna make like 400B in revenue by that time. You ain’t saving 4B by getting rid of your highest revenue source which is express.
Why would you think they are getting rid of the express revenue? They are just getting rid of the expensive redundant driver network they currently have providing final mile for it. The revenue will be there, the high cost will be gone.

lilwizbiz

Why would you think they are getting rid of the express revenue? They are just getting rid of the expensive redundant driver network they currently have providing final mile for it. The revenue will be there, the high cost will be gone.
Well they getting rid of the drivers apparently. Grounds hiring hundreds of thousands of drivers at those rates? Good luck.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The high cost of Express final mile delivery is/was a product of Management Design. If your employees are required to cover their route area three times, as Express drivers do, to ensure on-time service, your employees will rebel against the hours required vs. your flat-rate pay. Better hope FE Corp doesn't expect apples-to-apples from you.

lilwizbiz

The high cost of Express final mile delivery is/was a product of Management Design. If your employees are required to cover their route area three times, as Express drivers do, to ensure on-time service, your employees will rebel against the hours required vs. your flat-rate pay. Better hope FE Corp doesn't expect apples-to-apples from you.
Lot of buzzwords from you mate which don’t say anything. What do you mean cover the route 3 times? Yes to meet service you have to cover the route 3 times. You just said they ain’t getting rid of express service at the same time saying covering the route multiple times to meet service is inefficient. We all can do 100 stop if we straight shoot it bud, but that’s not what the company wants. So once again, grounds gonna hire thousands of drivers at contractor rates?

bacha29

And exactly HOW long has it been since YOU had boots on the ground? Your posts exhibit your irrational persona that you possess insider knowledge of events unfolding, with no disclaimer that you are speculating just like everyone else.

Any accurate conjecture on your part is only happenstance.
After enduring 3 separate buyouts, shutdowns and insolvencies what is about to happen to good people through no fault of their own, what I can do is to help them to adjust and keep their eyes open for every new opportunity that might come their way . As I said earlier in the end some will prosper, some will persevere and some will become impoverished . If I can help to get as many as possible at least into the two top categories I will.

From first hand experience I can tell you this is terrible thing to happen to people who don't deserve it. The disruption in their lives is sometimes more than they can bear.

I'm going to help them anyway I can and I don't give a flying facial fornication what you think.
Just remember.....you got lucky just pure luck nothing more that you got out ahead of all this.

zeev

It’s not like there wasn’t any warning. Final Mile all package to Ground. Cut healthcare, cut pension, step plan to nowhere, no contract, no protection, they boiled the frog forever and finally said stick a fork in it. Get your CDL and leave was my advice, now you have no choice

It will be fine

You guys act like Ground drivers don’t have to go through their areas multiple times already. A few boxes needing to be delivered first is not a big deal. The routes are a quarter the geography of the Express routes. It’s going to be easy. The only people involved that believe the challenge is too much for Ground are the ones getting shown the door. Buh bye elitist Express couriers, you won’t be missed.

bacha29

You guys act like Ground drivers don’t have to go through their areas multiple times already. A few boxes needing to be delivered first is not a big deal. The routes are a quarter the geography of the Express routes. It’s going to be easy. The only people involved that believe the challenge is too much for Ground are the ones getting shown the door. Buh bye elitist Express couriers, you won’t be missed.
Those comments clearly identifies who the elitist one is.

lilwizbiz

Few? Lmao

MAKAVELI

Banned
It's not a few boxes. Ask any UPS driver what their routes are like and we have even more Express volume then them.

SFFX

LOL..arrogant Dork, Running your mouth like you know the plan. You dont, i dont and eveyone else on here doesn't.

lilwizbiz

LOL..arrogant Dork, Running your mouth like you know the plan. You dont, i dont and eveyone else on here doesn't.
Place runs through couriers like dirty laundry and the guy expects them to layoff hundreds of thousands of drivers smh. Hard to fire someone when you gotta pay them severance. Lay off that many and you’re bound to lose a whole quarter of earnings. I don’t see this happening at all knowing how cheap this place is.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
After enduring 3 separate buyouts, shutdowns and insolvencies what is about to happen to good people through no fault of their own, what I can do is to help them to adjust and keep their eyes open for every new opportunity that might come their way . As I said earlier in the end some will prosper, some will persevere and some will become impoverished . If I can help to get as many as possible at least into the two top categories I will.

From first hand experience I can tell you this is terrible thing to happen to people who don't deserve it. The disruption in their lives is sometimes more than they can bear.

I'm going to help them anyway I can and I don't give a flying facial fornication what you think.
Just remember.....you got lucky just pure luck nothing more that you got out ahead of all this.
Here ya go.........got you a new sign!

download-1.jpg

It will be fine

Everyone knows the plan. There are just a bunch of truck drivers here that don’t believe it because they think they’re super special with impossible to duplicate skills.