Why shouldn't we strike?

By The Book

Yep... Says nothing about 1040 hours to max out for a part timer....so all of those double shifts and air driving hours will count big time when I get out of this hell hole
If you worked a lot of hours as a part time employee it certainly can't hurt! I don't know if the hours are capped at 1040 for part timers or not. Since the full time is capped at 2080 hours I almost think it would be. For full time I like what @ManInBrown said about all compensible hours. I do think however that even though you may receive contributions on overtime, the cap is 173 hours for each month (full time western conference). These are payable to the trust by a certain time each month and I think this applies to part timers as well. If an employee doesn't vest, the monies stay in the trust.

By The Book

I get surepost but we need proximity language.. Get more of it back with us... And if the union wanted to push the bs production issues they could... I get playing their game but they are wAlking all over us as a whole... This can change we don't put up with it in feeder...
The proximity language is sure post, they are one in the same. Unless your feeder relief your not delivering packages, and that's why I'm so darn impressed with how much you care:-). We all know feeders rule the roost,lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What position do you have at ups that gives you so much information that is irrefutable? Yes, with a 6 to 1 hiring ratio most part timers do go driving. If you disagree back it up with facts, don't just disagree. The jump in pay is obviously when a part time employee goes full time driving and puts in the 4 years, tell me I'm wrong but back it up with facts. I agree the starting pay for new hires could go up, and this is where the top scale would go down, heck to me that makes sense.
I have held almost every hourly position except feeder driver, yard shifter and a couple others. And I can tell you that most part-timers do NOT go driving. Most stay PT or quit (check out the revolving door). Then check out the amount of drivers, and openings. I don't need to provide facts when it's plainly obvious that most people hired PT do not end up "FT" seniority drivers.

iowa boy

they can't even keep enough parts around to repair the rigs... They have been notorious for using outdated buildings.

Seen two trucks in the last six months red-tagged for a bad u-joint. According to our mechanics, we can't even stock a stupid u-joint any more.

Really, what's the point of having mechanics in the building if they can do nothing more than change oil and tires and wipers? Oh, forgot about burned out lights too.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The proximity language is sure post, they are one in the same. Unless your feeder relief your not delivering packages, and that's why I'm so darn impressed with how much you care:-). We all know feeders rule the roost,lol.
Care about what...they treat us like dogs.. It's pretty common knowledge...and the comeback is always"grow thicker skin"...and you can have a surepost program and give us more stops to come back to the cars..what's hard to understand???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you worked a lot of hours as a part time employee it certainly can't hurt! I don't know if the hours are capped at 1040 for part timers or not. Since the full time is capped at 2080 hours I almost think it would be. For full time I like what @ManInBrown said about all compensible hours. I do think however that even though you may receive contributions on overtime, the cap is 173 hours for each month (full time western conference). These are payable to the trust by a certain time each month and I think this applies to part timers as well. If an employee doesn't vest, the monies stay in the trust.
Contract uses the 2080 number in the same paragraph for part time and full time.. Nothing mentioned of 1040 anywhere

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Overall what we all have talked about really hasn't been astronomical demands have they? If we could get the union to strike I don't see UPS allowing a nearly 1 billion dollar profit loss in a full week of shutdown over most of our demands. Sure it'll be more like we give 70% and they meet us 30% of the way but my point is we aren't asking them to double our salary.

" 1 billion dollar profit loss is a figure based on an article I read about sometime ago ups was making that much per week, I don't care if that's wrong try to focus on the key points of my post"

By The Book

I have held almost every hourly position except feeder driver, yard shifter and a couple others. And I can tell you that most part-timers do NOT go driving. Most stay PT or quit (check out the revolving door). Then check out the amount of drivers, and openings. I don't need to provide facts when it's plainly obvious that most people hired PT do not end up "FT" seniority drivers.
I guess we'll agree to agree that in our respective areas it's different? 90 percent or better of all part timers promoted have made it to top scale in my area.

By The Book

Contract uses the 2080 number in the same paragraph for part time and full time.. Nothing mentioned of 1040 anywhere
I've looked in the contract and read about the WCTPT. Did you find the 173 hours per month cap?, full time of course. If you do find information that does say a part time employee can be paid pension contributions up to 2080 hours please let me know.
Care about what...they treat us like dogs.. It's pretty common knowledge...and the comeback is always"grow thicker skin"...and you can have a surepost program and give us more stops to come back to the cars..what's hard to understand???
I was trying to give you a compliment on caring as much as you do since you said you're in feeders. Caring about those proximity stops is a good thing( I've filed a few grievances on this very issue). The harassment isn't going away, and to think the union will take on that fight is a long shot IMO.

By The Book

Overall what we all have talked about really hasn't been astronomical demands have they? If we could get the union to strike I don't see UPS allowing a nearly 1 billion dollar profit loss in a full week of shutdown over most of our demands. Sure it'll be more like we give 70% and they meet us 30% of the way but my point is we aren't asking them to double our salary.

" 1 billion dollar profit loss is a figure based on an article I read about sometime ago ups was making that much per week, I don't care if that's wrong try to focus on the key points of my post"
Good post! Good post! Good post!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most part-timers never go driving,so I don't agree with your last point.
I am talking about the # of PTs who DO go driving, fail or not. The number is very low. Most people PT have jobs outside of UPS with generally, more ethical and honest practices. ;) Or they are recycled/turnover. There are some that are seasonal/temp depending upon areas, but I don't consider them FT on the books, FT UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I feel like we are bargining for scraps these days....

clean hairy

Seen two trucks in the last six months red-tagged for a bad u-joint. According to our mechanics, we can't even stock a stupid u-joint any more.

Really, what's the point of having mechanics in the building if they can do nothing more than change oil and tires and wipers? Oh, forgot about burned out lights too.
They do not even have brown paint and a brush to cover up scrapes and scratches anymore?