10 step pay raises

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The moment they take away the MAPP payout they better prepare for ERR'BODY to be sick and use all their days. Wait until they have more sick calls than each station can handle...

That's why it's not likely to happen.

FYI, Freight employees get to carry over their unused vacation. Can't remember if they can bank their sick days or not.

vantexan

In my honest opinion, all signs point toward IT WILL HAPPEN. What is the alternative? Also, I asked my manager about sick time payout and I got a rather uneasy look.
They'd have to get the guns first. More likely they'd just go bankrupt. When the checks stop flowing it could get ugly.

Serf

They'd have to get the guns first. More likely they'd just go bankrupt. When the checks stop flowing it could get ugly.
It would get nasty ugly quick. Last year was at least better late than never. I think we got it 4 or 5 weeks past normal payout time. I know a few guys that put it to good use. Car insurance lump payoff, family vaca, home improvements. Expensive Whiskey shopping too!

Serf

You know what else I thought for a very brief moment. James Thomas Hodgkinson was MrFedex. But later on I heard he worked at the YMCA or something. I know, I know. Terrible.

Schweddy

Balls
Are we talking proper now pip? Did I miss the improper punctuation as opposed to correct punctuation? Isn't punctuation implied as being correct to begin with? Are we, using extra comma's? Cuz, I can do, that.

Cry me a

You know what else I thought for a very brief moment. James Thomas Hodgkinson was MrFedex. But later on I heard he worked at the YMCA or something. I know, I know. Terrible.

What was your handle before "Serf"?

Myort

Also, I asked my manager about sick time payout and I got a rather uneasy look.

I asked my manager late last week and was told an email went out and while no specific date was promised, during the month of June was what it said.

overflowed

Why is that? Doesn't everyone enjoy getting a 40 hr check every late June or early July?
There are stations that don't get map pay. Some get sick time through city ordinances accrued by how much you work. Example every 30 hours worked you get 1 hour sick time. So some stations get like 12 13 sick days a year but no map payout. So they have to use them. Also the call in before or after holiday thing doesn't apply at some of those stations.

Oldfart

There are stations that don't get map pay. Some get sick time through city ordinances accrued by how much you work. Example every 30 hours worked you get 1 hour sick time. So some stations get like 12 13 sick days a year but no map payout. So they have to use them. Also the call in before or after holiday thing doesn't apply at some of those stations.
Really. Never knew that. I knew certain states had rules in place but didn't know how they were applied.