10 step pay raises

Oldfart

True, the company demands integrity and a strong work ethic from us. They don't seem to feel obligated to operate with integrity and honesty towards us. Can't imagine why after well over a decade of lies and deceit from the people corporation that many employees decide to do minimal work and take advantage of sick days to get something back for what they're put through.
Didn't you leave the company? Why do you always speak in the present tense?

Oldfart

True, the company demands integrity and a strong work ethic from us. They don't seem to feel obligated to operate with integrity and honesty towards us. Can't imagine why after well over a decade of lies and deceit from the people corporation that many employees decide to do minimal work and take advantage of sick days to get something back for what they're put through.
How are they being deceitful when they cut you check for your unused sick days and have been for 15 years or so?

Oldfart

I'm a union plant fighting the man.
You are more of a paper doll type fella. That's right. You are the big man that threatened to come kick my tail. LOL Bring it on little man and big talker. You can't even get on a forum page without getting upset and threatening people.

SmithBarney

And having work ethic and integrity is a challenge for you. Anyone that admits they call in sick because they can't get a day off is lacking in both. Maybe your little friend was visiting that day.
It's easy to have integrity and ethics when the company you work for, treats you with integrity and ethically... You topped out and feel respected by the company and paid your worth... the "new" generations of workers are not respected, and not treated equally by peers(topped out peers) or the company, so they feel no obligation to the company or others like you do... Senior driver asks for help on P2, "sorry lady you get 55% more money than me, you can work 55% harder."

Oldfart

It's easy to have integrity and ethics when the company you work for, treats you with integrity and ethically... You topped out and feel respected by the company and paid your worth... the "new" generations of workers are not respected, and not treated equally by peers(topped out peers) or the company, so they feel no obligation to the company or others like you do... Senior driver asks for help on P2, "sorry lady you get 55% more money than me, you can work 55% harder."
If you feel disrespected and abused, why do you continue working there. Everyone here knows somewhere that pays more, has better benefits and treats their employees better. I would go there instead of working somewhere you hate.

vantexan

If you feel disrespected and abused, why do you continue working there. Everyone here knows somewhere that pays more, has better benefits and treats their employees better. I would go there instead of working somewhere you hate.
If everyone who felt that way actually did leave your golden goose would go bankrupt. You ought to be thankful that many hung in there in spite of the B.S.. And people here would be more charitable towards you if you recognized their worth to the company.

vantexan

You are more of a paper doll type fella. That's right. You are the big man that threatened to come kick my tail. LOL Bring it on little man and big talker. You can't even get on a forum page without getting upset and threatening people.
Who's threatening people? I only mentioned knocking you on your butt because you earned it. But if you want to accommodate me name the time and place. I'm heading to Kansas in early August. More than happy to make a side trip.

dezguy

I suggest everyone who finds OldFart as obnoxious and offensive as I do, simply hit 'report' at the bottom of his posts and the moderators will eventually banish him.
While he has said many things that are, imo ban worthy, I'm not for reporting someone just because I don't like them.

If he says something stupid or is just starting :censored2:, by all means but I like the fact that everyone here has a voice. Even if I don't often or ever agree with that voice.

BootsOnTarmac

Not so much related to the above posts...... When calling in sick, just say you are calling in, nothing else.

This will give you some time to decide how you will code it on your timecard, after sitting down with your manager.

This may be help you if you are close to getting an OLCC for attendance. A cool and understanding manager may just allow you to code a personal or floating holiday.

Oldfart

Who's threatening people? I only mentioned knocking you on your butt because you earned it. But if you want to accommodate me name the time and place. I'm heading to Kansas in early August. More than happy to make a side trip.
Will you be bringing your paper doll collection? I bet it is very interesting to look at.

Let me check my schedule. I will be outside of Kansas City soon, let me check my dates and I will get back with you.

Oldfart

If everyone who felt that way actually did leave your golden goose would go bankrupt. You ought to be thankful that many hung in there in spite of the B.S.. And people here would be more charitable towards you if you recognized their worth to the company.
Bankrupt? Everyone here says the company doesn't care about it's employees and can and will replace you when you die or retire. Now you say if everyone quit, the company would go under. How are they replacing the retired and deceased employees?

vantexan

Bankrupt? Everyone here says the company doesn't care about it's employees and can and will replace you when you die or retire. Now you say if everyone quit, the company would go under. How are they replacing the retired and deceased employees?
There's a difference between replacing a trickle, and everyone up and quitting on them. You keep telling the unhappy to quit. If everyone who was unhappy did that the company couldn't operate. More than likely at this point with the new pay plan that wouldn't happen. But I transferred around enough to know back when we were getting 2% raises that the majority of employees were very unhappy. If they did what you keep saying they should do the company would have had to shut it's doors.