10 step pay raises

!Retired!

Your ignorance just doesn't give up. Why would anyone lie about how much they make when the chart the fella posted a few pages back is there for everyone to see. 3 other people confirmed what I said and you still don't believe me.

$20 an hour when I topped out in the late 70's? Are you kidding me? I don't remember what it was but I bet it was more like $11.

$29 hr now? I wish. Dude, you just need to give it up.
You can stop with the insults. I'm trying to understand how a 40 year courier is not topped out. We have 25 year couriers making close, if not more, than $30. Is the chart you mention this years chart? If not, it means diddley.

Oldfart

You can stop with the insults. I'm trying to understand how a 40 year courier is not topped out. We have 25 year couriers making close, if not more, than $30. Is the chart you mention this years chart? If not, it means diddley.
You basically called me a liar when you said it was "not possible" for me not being topped out. 3 other people verified my post. I told you it had something to do with market level. There was a step between where I was and step 10. I was told I could not skip a step. I wish I was at 10 this past year but I wasn't. I will be getting 7% in 2 weeks and will glad to have it. I won't see many more raises so 7% is a nice number.

It will be fine

He can't stop with the insults. I literally believe it's impossible for him to maintain a civil conversation for any length of time. Sad!

Oldfart

He can't stop with the insults. I literally believe it's impossible for him to maintain a civil conversation for any length of time. Sad!
LOL

You have been guilty as well. You insult me and you get your granny panties in a wad when I push back. He said I was lying and uninformed and when I say something back, I am accused of being uncivil. Wow. Looks like a double standard to me.

Being all alone every night is what's really sad.

Oldfart

If everyone put him on ignore, I believe the problem would quickly rectify itself. Although, I have to admit, the level of stupidity was sometimes entertaining. The bigoted and sexist comments, not so much.
There is another person throwing insults, yet I am the one that gets lectured to about insulting people. Double standard strikes again.

Stupidity? We had a guy post a few times telling me I was lying about how much money I made. The chart was there for everyone to see and 3 or 4 people verified my story. Who is the stupid one?

!Retired!

If an insult is thrown your way, most of you respond with insults of your own. None of you are any better, or worse than the next guy posting.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There is another person throwing insults, yet I am the one that gets lectured to about insulting people. Double standard strikes again.

Stupidity? We had a guy post a few times telling me I was lying about how much money I made. The chart was there for everyone to see and 3 or 4 people verified my story. Who is the stupid one?
Mama always said, "If you can't play on the big kids playground without getting hurt, then you need to find another playground!"

SmithBarney

You can stop with the insults. I'm trying to understand how a 40 year courier is not topped out....

It's simple kinda, Market Levels B and A were merged into one step chart, those formerly topped out in Market level B fell into step 9, and those formerly topped out in Market Level A fell into Step 10... While the company bragged about getting rid of market levels. The levels are still there for those who were employed during the change, the only ones not affected are new hires, they get the same rate where ever they go.

Oldfart

It's simple kinda, Market Levels B and A were merged into one step chart, those formerly topped out in Market level B fell into step 9, and those formerly topped out in Market Level A fell into Step 10... While the company bragged about getting rid of market levels. The levels are still there for those who were employed during the change, the only ones not affected are new hires, they get the same rate where ever they go.

You are explaining something to someone who doesnt want to listen. He told me I was wrong when I told him I was at 9 after being topped out before the new steps.