10 step pay raises

Serf

I am getting roughly 1.90 hr increase. My medical is going up $15 PER MONTH. I will take a $4000.00 a year raise and pay $180 a year more in insurance any day.
Curious. Do you absolutely love this job? I only ask because 40 yrs is a really long time at one place. More than your average teacher, civil servant, corporate drone, etc. Do you still have a mortgage or some need to be working full time? We have some vet couriers with 35 yrs that have long since dropped down to part time.

Oldfart

Curious. Do you absolutely love this job? I only ask because 40 yrs is a really long time at one place. More than your average teacher, civil servant, corporate drone, etc. Do you still have a mortgage or some need to be working full time? We have some vet couriers with 35 yrs that have long since dropped down to part time.
Dont love it but dont want to pay retire insurance premium at this time. Had $400 a month increase this year. Debt free for many years and really just working to support my extensive and expensive bucket list.

Our part timers all work Saturday and I dont want that.

Last edited:

!Retired!

You are explaining something to someone who doesnt want to listen. He told me I was wrong when I told him I was at 9 after being topped out before the new steps.
You're saying after ~37 years of being topped out, you dropped to under what the new top out is? After almost 40 years with the company you're less than $29? If that's the case......you must REALLY bleed purple.

fatboy33

Basically B/A are on the same pay scale as of last year October raises. That work out fine for new employees hired in but sucks for the employees who worked in the B market area. From personal experience I transferred 2 years before the market merge of A and B. If i stayed in market A i would be on step 4 but because i moved i lost $1.27 an hour in the process so im on step 2. It took me 2 years to make back what i lost. There is a 16 year employee that is on step 5 at my station and i have a buddy with 7 years working in market A on step 4.
Is it true UPS makes the same pay no matter what market/state he/she is in? If top pay is 35 dollars an hour in New york then its the same 35 dollars an hour in North Dakota.

MAKAVELI

Is it true UPS makes the same pay no matter what market/state he/she is in? If top pay is 35 dollars an hour in New york then its the same 35 dollars an hour in North Dakota.
For the most part yes. Some locals have deferred raises to prop up pensions though.

fatboy33

There''s a good reason they're not releasing the new step formula. Don't be surprised if its just a 3% raise all around. No Step. Just 3%.

Oldfart

You're saying after ~37 years of being topped out, you dropped to under what the new top out is? After almost 40 years with the company you're less than $29? If that's the case......you must REALLY bleed purple.

What ever you say bubba. Trying to explain anything to you is as useful as talking to a brick wall. You still dont seem to understand the pay structure because you keep asking more questions even though 3 or 4 MORE people confirmed what I tried explaining to you earlier.

vantexan

Top out for the base payscale is $26.29. 5 payscales now so most are making less than $29hr.

Oldfart

There''s a good reason they're not releasing the new step formula. Don't be surprised if its just a 3% raise all around. No Step. Just 3%.
So they released the 10 steps last year and abandoned it this. I would be willing to bet you are mistaken.

fatboy33

So they released the 10 steps last year and abandoned it this. I would be willing to bet you are mistaken.
Maybe so. But you've been an employee long enough to know this company and the way it will boast at the first opportunity it can if doing something good but stay quiet when not.

Oldfart

Maybe so. But you've been an employee long enough to know this company and the way it will boast at the first opportunity it can if doing something good but stay quiet when not.

So the people that have posted charts they were shown the last week or so are mistaken?

Last edited:

Oldfart

This will be the steps based on 3% for Step 10
Couriers
step base b1 b2 b3 b4
9 25.31 26.54 27.83 29.08 30.36
10 27.08 28.43 29.79 31.14 32.50

Swing
step base b1 b2 b3 b4
9 27.41 28.78 30.17 31.53 32.89
10 29.31 30.78 32.25 33.71 35.17

These are what I was talking about.

MAKAVELI

These are what I was talking about.
Those are Step 10 examples based on 3%. No chart has been released for this year. Management has not said what the steps will be this year and isn't releasing that info until the raises take effect. This is why many don't trust what they have said last year.

Oldfart

Those are Step 10 examples based on 3%. No chart has been released for this year. Management has not said what the steps will be this year and isn't releasing that info until the raises take effect. This is why many don't trust what they have said last year.
Thought Maui or someone has seen the email detailing the numbers. Maybe I saw it wrong