Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Shift 2

I understand that, but @Tony Q is presenting the issue like we're all doomed if we don't do it NOW. I don't know where this sense of urgency is coming from. Either way, Sundays are not the problem with the whole thing. Not paying top driver rate is.
Not paying top driver rate is a bad deal but the way I see it is if you deliver for 4 hrs and go in the hub on the bulk belt or yard shift for 4 more hrs with out OT being forced that’s not that bad. If there’s a strong language stating anything over 4 hrs on road will result in to driver pay for the remainder of the day then that’s a good deal. And maybe a full time pension

Not paying top driver rate is a bad deal but the way I see it is if you deliver for 4 hrs and go in the hub on the bulk belt or yard shift for 4 more hrs with out OT being forced that’s not that bad. If there’s a strong language stating anything over 4 hrs on road will result in to driver pay for the remainder of the day then that’s a good deal. And maybe a full time pension
A full-time pension goes without saying. You are doing a full-time job.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
As for the committee, you think some guy that drove back in 1970 is supposed to know the intricacies of what we go through on a daily basis in today’s world? That’s rich!

I would proffer a different view point.

Any elected official that doesn't understand communication with their Stewards and the

members is crucial, won't be around long. Most know more than they might be credited with.

-Bug-

Poop Head

Judge me.
4hours on road. LMFAO

Shift 2

A full-time pension goes without saying. You are doing a full-time job.
Your right on that I just like the idea of no forced OT I guess and the pension doesn’t bother me as much because I’m already part time and I’ve been trying to plan my retirement around my part time pension and part time wage 401k along with my lawn service on the side

Your right on that I just like the idea of no forced OT I guess and the pension doesn’t bother me as much because I’m already part time and I’ve been trying to plan my retirement around my part time pension and part time wage 401k along with my lawn service on the side
The pension payments are based on 40 hours. Overtime doesn't matter.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I would proffer a different view point.

Any elected official that doesn't understand communication with their Stewards and the

members is crucial, won't be around long. Most know more than they might be credited with.

-Bug-
Most do. And I agree with you. UPS evolves so fast that taking a week on vacation and there are 10 new rules you now have to implement.

brown_trousers

Some are but some have hopes of becoming a driver. A decade from now they could be making less than we are right now. They better wake up.
Part timers are uninterested in becoming FT drivers these days. In portland we have a PT to FT driver list that is over 5 pages long of names. But no one actually wants the job. They all say no when offered a driving job. And it usually comes down to a part timer with less than 6 months seniority taking the job. This job must be very unappealing to them.

Part timers are uninterested in becoming FT drivers these days. In portland we have a PT to FT driver list that is over 5 pages long of names. But no one actually wants the job. They all say no when offered a driving job. And it usually comes down to part timer with less than 6 months seniority taking the job. This job must be very unappealing to them.
I agree in some places it's pretty bad. UPS has to realize that the millennials do not want to work all of these hours.