Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

sandwich

The resident gearhead
All I have to say is. This 22.4 position is much better than TCD. I was a TCD forever. If this position was around back then I would have jumped all over this. Full time hours at pretty close to top rate. Waaay better then TCD. There will most likely be a limit on how many 22.4's a center can have based on how many full time drivers there are. Just like TCD. Also if they get rid of TCD to replace with 22.4 that's a win for us in my opinion.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Forgive me for not understanding your logic, but you would love to have this job as it is being presented but will vote no just on the premise of the job that you would like to have. How does one reason with this kind of logic? Also how much money is acceptable for UPS to clear as profit every year?
The whole idea of being union is to look out for the whole of the membership versus what's best for oneself.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If it does not get stopped by our negotiators, i bet that it will pass. I have little faith in us voting down a contract if the teamsters are urging us to vote yes on it.
If they really want it to pass all they have to do is include a signing bonus of say $500 for FT $250 for PT. All the people who normally can't be bothered to vote at all would come pouring out of the woodwork to vote yes just to get the money.

Tony Q

I don't have a number that is acceptable for ups to make.

However as long as they are raising the dividend and paying the stockholders more I expect at least the status quo.
Then look back at the post I responded to. You said you would take one of those 22.4 jobs. So why would you say you would take one as it stands, but its a concession. No disrespect, but it sounds like a Hypocrisy.

Also if these jobs are created, I bet you in two years time there are threads posted here where people are chomping at the bit to get one.

Tony Q

I see the writing on the wall and what it would mean for the full time driver position and the target it could put on my union brothers and sisters back. For that reason I'll vote no to any contract that includes it.

However if it passes I would likely bid one of the jobs.
Okay, never mind the last post. I guess I understand the logic. I guess

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tell me this when the starting rate for part-timers goes way up. Just watch all the bitching that goes on over it.
I got into with the BA last contract over PT pay and how 1.50 raise they were crowing about wasn't all that because it was only like 70 cents at the end of the 4 year progression. And that the regular pay raises would have them making more so what's the point of progression.

brown_trousers

The whole idea of being union is to look out for the whole of the membership versus what's best for oneself.

Tell me this when the starting rate for part-timers goes way up. Just watch all the bitching that goes on over it.

Exactly. Also add in combo workers who will vote on what improvements will be made to combo jobs.

In my years here at UPS, i have only experienced each group of teamsters (drivers, combos, part timers) selfishly wanting to take all the contract improvements, while leaving nothing for others.

Tony Q

I got into with the BA last contract over PT pay and how 1.50 raise they were crowing about wasn't all that because it was only like 70 cents at the end of the 4 year progression. And that the regular pay raises would have them making more so what's the point of progression.
This one, even though it is late, and passed due, will make a certain group of part-timers very happy.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also if these jobs are created, I bet you in two years time there are threads posted here where people are chomping at the bit to get one.
Right, what do you think is gonna happen to ft drivers regarding workload and harassment if this goes through?
So a 22.4 is a combo job where after your preload shift you deliver ground for 4 hours? And the pay is 30 an hour?
But the computer said it was a four hour planned day...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Right, what do you think is gonna happen to ft drivers regarding workload and harassment if this goes through?
Well, if I know UPS they will shift as much work as they can to the lower paying jobs so workload and production harassment for FT drivers should decrease.