3rd Vote

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I guess we should not want our healthcare to be Solvent and secure. You can't reason with unreasonable.
My healthcare has always been solvent and secure in the company plan. I'd like to see all of us in that plan where it would stand a much better chance of staying that way. Hoffa himself says the Central States plan will be unsustainable under the ACA.

Stonefish

My healthcare has always been solvent and secure in the company plan. I'd like to see all of us in that plan where it would stand a much better chance of staying that way. Hoffa himself says the Central States plan will be unsustainable under the ACA.
Solvent yes. Secure no.
How did it go today?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Those days are over though. You are kinda acting like ten crazy ex girlfriend. It's not you it's them. You are not going to win anything other than holding it up for the rest of the 240,000 plus of us.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Not Central States. If your local has a different fund then thats something else.
Central states has at least 18 months of reserves. It's the most financially solvent fund there is. It's kinda like out 103.61% funded teamster/ups pension. We're doing real good. If it wasnt for these damn doom and gloom police we be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Central states has at least 18 months of reserves. It's the most financially solvent fund there is. It's kinda like out 103.61% funded teamster/ups pension. We're doing real good. If it wasent for these damn doom and gloom police we be good.
Oh yeah, we've heard all of that.
What we aren't a privy to is the actuarial forecasts for the plan more than 2 years out at its present participation level.
I believe that is because it isn't good news for the Central States plan.
This plan will erode without new legislation under the ACA.
No one has an answer as to that problem that Hoffa admitted in his letter to the democratic party leaders.
Our benefits will erode under the Central States plan.
We don't want to jump in the pool and then try to figure out how to swim.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Oh yeah, we've heard all of that.
What we aren't a privy to is the actuarial forecasts for the plan more than 2 years out at its present participation level.
I believe that is because it isn't good news for the Central States plan.
This plan will erode without new legislation under the ACA.
No one has an answer as to that problem that Hoffa admitted in his letter to the democratic party leaders.
Our benefits will erode under the Central States plan.
We don't want to jump in the pool and then try to figure out how to swim.
Healthcare is friend*ed in this country. Is this something new? You would rather have a ups plan that's not going to be offered anymore. You aren't getting a carve out. Those people who did get their carve will be trying to get into our teamcare plan in five years. Mark my words. It will be sad but I'll tell you I told you so. As long as the medical industry isn't regulated for cost we are all going to pay more and more. You offer no solutions just a vote no and hold the rest of us up.

C

chuchu

Healthcare is friend*ed in this country. Is this something new? You would rather have a ups plan that's not going to be offered anymore. You aren't getting a carve out. Those people who did get their carve will be trying to get into our teamcare plan in five years. Mark my words. It will be sad but I'll tell you I told you so. As long as the medical industry isn't regulated for cost we are all going to pay more and more. You offer no solutions just a vote no and hold the rest of us up.
Well, at least we won't have to pay taxes on it until we get it.
I know, small consolation.

ezmoney5150

We won't be paying taxes on it. It's a $12,000 plan. It ain't no Cadillac plan. That threshold is $27,000 we ain't even close friend.
You're wasting your time. They'll listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity before they listen to their own union.

O/C

We won't be paying taxes on it. It's a $12,000 plan. It ain't no Cadillac plan. That threshold is $27,000 we ain't even close friend.
Are you getting that 12,000 annual contribution quote from your W-2 this past year, mine stated the company provided over 19,000 in 2013? Same state, same rider, different local.

Rumors are flying all over the place, typical. Hearing some real crazy ones about this vote.

I do not know if this has been brought up over the current negotiations but it struck me strange that the company wanted to have us pay into a Health and Welfare package that is already contributing close to 20,000 annually (Article 34 master). Sounds they were bound and determined to quit handling it's funding, not like the last two contracts when they were eager to take over any health and welfare plans. Guessing the ACA had something to do with it, it quit becoming profitable.

Any thoughts or observations?

Stonefish

Are you getting that 12,000 annual contribution quote from your W-2 this past year, mine stated the company provided over 19,000 in 2013? Same state, same rider, different local.

Rumors are flying all over the place, typical. Hearing some real crazy ones about this vote.

I do not know if this has been brought up over the current negotiations but it struck me strange that the company wanted to have us pay into a Health and Welfare package that is already contributing close to 20,000 annually (Article 34 master). Sounds they were bound and determined to quit handling it's funding, not like the last two contracts when they were eager to take over any health and welfare plans. Guessing the ACA had something to do with it, it quit becoming profitable.

Any thoughts or observations?
Are you sure it is accurate because there are people that had theirs messed up. Also check Health and Welfare & Pension contributions to see if they add up to $19,000.
Your guess would be correct in my opinion.

C

chuchu

Talking about holding up the paycheck everyone is dying to get...Not Hoffacare. Lol
I thought that was what we were holding up.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That was a very emotional and heartfelt reply that came woefully short of answering my question?

Again, why would we want to dive into a plan that Hoffa himself has deemed unsustainable under the ACA?

Secondly since you brought it up, why is it assumed and accepted that UPS supposedly said they weren't going to continue to provide health care plans in what were at the time "negotiations"?
How was the company in the position to dictate anything in the wake of its annual string of record profits?
Isn't it possible that this was just a cover story for the real agenda, one in which the Central States H&W fund desperately needed to extend the life of its "unsustainability" with an infusion of new members?
Isn't this well illustrated in the original offer of increasing annual deductibles in the plan that have been delayed now until year 5, in hopes of sliding it past the members before they realize what is going on?
This desperate act is the only way I can find to explain all of the other concessions throughout the Master and supplements.
I don't believe UPS cares one way or the other who handles the healthcare money.
They just saw the IBT in a moment of weakness and exploited it as such.

Last edited:

Anonymous 12

Non active member
That was a very emotional and heartfelt reply that came woefully short of answering my question?

Again, why would we want to dive into a plan that Hoffa himself has deemed unsustainable under the ACA?

Secondly since you brought it up, why is it assumed and accepted that just because UPS supposedly said they weren't going to continue to provide health care plans in what were at the time "negotiations"?
Isn't it possible that this was just a cover story for the real agenda, one in which the Central States H&W fund desperately needed to extend the life of its "unsustainability" with an infusion of new members?
Isn't this well illustrated in the original offer of increasing annual deductibles in the plan that have been delayed now until year 5, in hopes of sliding it past the members before they realize what is going on?
This desperate act is the only way I can find to explain all of the other concessions throughout the Master and supplements.
I don't believe UPS cares one way or the other who handles the healthcare money.
They just saw the IBT in a moment of weakness and exploited it as such.
In short no. I can't stand conspiracy theories. The central states healthcare fund is the most fully funded healthcare fund out there. Just like you think I'm so deadest and redundant in what I say I feel exactly the same about what you say. I might not able to put together all those six dollar words that you can but it's bullcrap. Just like over the years they got rid and streamlined all the supplements it makes sense to have everyone in the same plan from an accounting standpoint.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In short no. I can't stand conspiracy theories. The central states healthcare fund is the most fully funded healthcare fund out there. Just like you think I'm so deadest and redundant in what I say I feel exactly the same about what you say. I might not able to put together all those six dollar words that you can but it's bullcrap. Just like over the years they got rid and streamlined all the supplements it makes sense to have everyone in the same plan from an accounting standpoint.
It wasn't a yes or no question.
Again, Hoffa/unsustainable/ACA?

Btw, I've talked to you enough to know your as smart as you need to be and hardly the Forrest Gump. you let on to be.

Last edited: