5:00am- 3pm DOT courier

Star B

White Lightening
Also, I used to live and die by road warrior. Now with the Leo maps, I don't need it. There are people in our station that still use it constantly because that can't look at a route and figure out the most efficient way to run it.

I used to use it as a digital push pin map (like the Leo maps), not as a "how to do my route step by step" because you don't learn that way.

P1 Failure

If there is no CI but an xtra copy of the astra label that came with the shipment batch it. If there isn’t one make a copy on a printer when you get back and batch it. Any info is good info to batch for customs. The package may get held up at its destination country and may be returned.

outtatime

Also, I used to live and die by road warrior. Now with the Leo maps, I don't need it. There are people in our station that still use it constantly because that can't look at a route and figure out the most efficient way to run it.

I used to use it as a digital push pin map (like the Leo maps), not as a "how to do my route step by step" because you don't learn that way.
Do you have to manually input every address into road warrior?

amazondriverdude

Question: If you are delivering a residential priority and no one answers. Do you have to put a tag and comeback later or the next day or can you drop it without a signature?

McFeely

Huge Member
No signatures needed on residential stops unless the Leo prompts you for one. Apartment complexes can be a bit different when no signature is required, depending on how accessible the recipient's front door is or if their apartment office signs for all packages.

amazondriverdude

Honestly, I'm confused about the whole signature or no signature deal. What stops do I 100 percent need a signature and what stops can you just drop and go? Sorry, my brain is currently melting.

McFeely

Huge Member
Honestly, I'm confused about the whole signature or no signature deal. What stops do I 100 percent need a signature and what stops can you just drop and go? Sorry, my brain is currently melting.

When you scan a package on the Leo, a small gray bubble with text will show in the bottom of the screen (it goes away quickly), and it will say Adult, Direct, or Indirect Signature Required. Alternatively, the packages themselves will say ASR, DSR, or ISR if they need a signature right by the bar code that you scan. Typically in the small text that might have a zip code and airport code.

Bottom line is, if you scan a package and it allows you to select Deliver > Residential > Residential Release you're good to go. The Leo won't let you release a package that requires any sort of signature.

Star B

White Lightening
Do you have to manually input every address into road warrior?
Yes. maybe they changed it where you could scan a DAB and auto populate it, but I doubt it considering I see the group in the breakroom before shift punching in their addresses.

There was also a quicker way using the roadwarrior website, rw excel file, a fedex internal tool, and some excel scripting.

Star B

White Lightening
When you scan a package on the Leo, a small gray bubble with text will show in the bottom of the screen (it goes away quickly), and it will say Adult, Direct, or Indirect Signature Required.
I'm still pushing hard for them to code in a special sound for the different SRs. That toast popup (that's what it's officially called in the android world) is insufficient when you are scanning a bunch of pkgs. I don't know what braindead Memphis maroon thought that a courier scans, looks, scans, looks, scans looks.

Yes, the old powerpad was kinda annoying and slowed you down when all your packages were SR (it would beep, display a message, and you had to wait until that message was gone before you could scan again) but it made it VERY clear that it was something special.

The post offices zebra warns them of an aggressive dog when they get within a certain radius of an address. The actual phrasing escapes me but it actually says "dog attack report, something something" and it beeps 18 different ways from Saturday depending on the scan presented. There is NOTHING other than pure laziness that stops us from doing something with our scans.

amazondriverdude

Can someone explain to me why you have to type the person's name in after they sign the Leo? That whole process was kind of annoying. Why not just have the customer type their name instead of signing?

falcon back

Can someone explain to me why you have to type the person's name in after they sign the Leo? That whole process was kind of annoying. Why not just have the customer type their name instead of signing?
A signature is a legal thing. Typing their name is giving a legible name for people to read.

Extra inning at Fenway. What a game.