5:00am- 3pm DOT courier

Star B

White Lightening
Can someone explain to me why you have to type the person's name in after they sign the Leo? That whole process was kind of annoying. Why not just have the customer type their name instead of signing?
Because half the time you can't read the signatures, so it gives clarity on who actually signed.

The most annoying part about the Leo name type is that it's not responsive half the time, so I get the signature hit done and I can type their name out before it even registers any characters on the screen. I know the device felt the touches because I can feel it vibrate every single time I touch the screen.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I am thankful for every day. Sorry ass Cactus and bacha wake up angry and bitter each and every day. Kinda sad
Yet you wake up every day worried about how Bacha, VanTexan and myself are feeling and how you lie about being retired and living your meaningless good life. Pathetic.

falcon back

Yet you wake up every day worried about how Bacha, VanTexan and myself are feeling and how you lie about being retired and living your meaningless good life. Pathetic.
Living the dream while your live in misery and the lack of income to properly live during your golden years. We should start a Go Fund Me page for you. Nobody should do without during retirement even though your ignorance got you in this predicament.

Cactus

You’re not even close numbnuts. Besides, there’d be more interest in setting up a Go Fund Me page for you. That way you could get the mental health treatment you so desperately need. Who knows, maybe enough could be raised to include free transportation on the short bus just like the kind that used to take you to your special ed classes for nearly 30 years. @falcon back @Swanson

falcon back

You’re not even close numbnuts. Besides, there’d be more interest in setting up a Go Fund Me page for you. That way you could get the mental health treatment you so desperately need. Who knows, maybe enough could be raised to include free transportation on the short bus just like the kind that used to take you to your special ed classes for nearly 30 years. @falcon back @Swanson
Your jealousy is making you delusional. Being bitter and angry 24/7 has made your meaningless life barely tolerable. Maybe a good hobby will brighten your dreary day. Maybe take up pickle ball. It is the fastest growing sport in America. Being that a miserable person like you can't possibly have many friends, finding someone to play with will be a challenge.

Stat41

Your jealousy is making you delusional. Being bitter and angry 24/7 has made your meaningless life barely tolerable. Maybe a good hobby will brighten your dreary day. Maybe take up pickle ball. It is the fastest growing sport in America. Being that a miserable person like you can't possibly have many friends, finding someone to play with will be a challenge.
Gentlemen, the poster of this thread is a new courier looking for advice and help. And this is not helpful. At all.

amazondriverdude

Just finished day 3 solo. I did 72 stops (my route averages around 92) felt great, didn't struggle to find any stops, but it still took me 9 hours. My route is probably 70 percent businesses, 30 percent residential and my stops per hour go down later in the day due to traffic. Once they add the last 20 stops to the route I'm thinking I will be closer to 11-12 hours than 9 hours. So, my question is this:

If I get all my priority stops done on time and follow everything by the book, yet take 12 hours to finish my route, can they fire me? I mean, I will probably speed up a bit but the combination of a high percentage business route and the busy roads later in the day makes me question how much more I can speed up.

Any thoughts?

Cactus

Just finished day 3 solo. I did 72 stops (my route averages around 92) felt great, didn't struggle to find any stops, but it still took me 9 hours. My route is probably 70 percent businesses, 30 percent residential and my stops per hour go down later in the day due to traffic. Once they add the last 20 stops to the route I'm thinking I will be closer to 11-12 hours than 9 hours. So, my question is this:

If I get all my priority stops done on time and follow everything by the book, yet take 12 hours to finish my route, can they fire me? I mean, I will probably speed up a bit but the combination of a high percentage business route and the busy roads later in the day makes me question how much more I can speed up.

Any thoughts?
Nah, they won’t fire you for not living up to their overly optimistic expectations but they may nag you. Don’t let them dump too much on you. The route may be set up for 92 stops but managers will take a mile if you give them an inch, meaning that they’ll have no problem giving you another 25 stops due to them getting yelled at by the district to increase numbers or there’s a bunch of sick calls or they favor another employee and don’t wanna give them too much work etc.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Any thoughts?
Termination is a last resort. You should have AT LEAST 30 days to improve. You will receive verbal warnings if you’re not where they want you to be. You then request a check ride. Three times if necessary. It would then progress to written warnings, 3 required for termination. You then GFT it.

Short version: they need bodies, you won’t be fired if you’re making the effort.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Termination is a last resort. You should have AT LEAST 30 days to improve. You will receive verbal warnings if you’re not where they want you to be. You then request a check ride. Three times if necessary. It would then progress to written warnings, 3 required for termination. You then GFT it.

Short version: they need bodies, you won’t be fired if you’re making the effort.
In all my years, I’ve never heard of anyone being fired for poor performance.

@amazondriverdude as long as you don’t steal anything, have too many accidents, commit workplace violence or falsify, it’s very difficult to get fired. Just do your best. You’ll be fine.

amazondriverdude

Nah, they won’t fire you for not living up to their overly optimistic expectations but they may nag you. Don’t let them dump too much on you. The route may be set up for 92 stops but managers will take a mile if you give them an inch, meaning that they’ll have no problem giving you another 25 stops due to them getting yelled at by the district to increase numbers or there’s a bunch of sick calls or they favor another employee and don’t wanna give them too much work etc.
Honestly, I have no problem working OT. My manager seems like a cool dude but he already pointed out a few "gaps" in my deliveries yesterday. Day 2! I'm curious what he will say tomorrow because I thought I was nailing it today. But yeah, that's why I ask. How do I respond to my manger? Just shake my head and say "I'll work on it" or something? LOL

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Honestly, I have no problem working OT. My manager seems like a cool dude but he already pointed out a few "gaps" in my deliveries yesterday. Day 2! I'm curious what he will say tomorrow because I thought I was nailing it today. But yeah, that's why I ask. How do I respond to my manger? Just shake my head and say "I'll work on it" or something? LOL
FYI, they will point out gap times for the rest of your time at FedEx. Lol.

Cactus

Dear God, on day 2? Really?

Ask him how he’d do the route. Chances are he’ll clam up and change the subject or walk away.

McFeely

Huge Member
In all my years, I’ve never heard of anyone being fired for poor performance.

I appreciated it when I was new (so should everyone new), but now I hate how awful some coworkers are at doing their job. I’m not sure if I’d rather be short-handed or have lazy coworkers who weasel out of stops but still get the same hours.

Nolimitz

Only a D-wad manager would start talking about gaps on day 2. Take it one stop at a time and you will get improve your SPH. Dont get chatty with the customers. deliver and go

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I appreciated it when I was new (so should everyone new), but now I hate how awful some coworkers are at doing their job. I’m not sure if I’d rather be short-handed or have lazy coworkers who weasel out of stops but still get the same hours.
Shorthanded. When you've got what should be enough people to get it done, and they don't, that's hard to explain.