80k club? Roll call......

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You drivers of package cars make peanuts. We who fly make more!
We pilots make more money than you package car drivers.heck $80,000 is peanuts.
I made $70k by May. I make more than you. I don’t even have to deal with all that OT to make more than you! Many of you package car drivers may make less money next year. Less OT, many new hires taking that OT.
Did you know I’m not even in the Teamsters any more? Yes I make the big bucks. Flying for UPS I work around 30 hours a month! You package car drivers make peanuts. You’d have to be a knucklehead to come on Brown Cafe and brag about what you make. Peanuts.
Yes I’m no longer in the Teamsters. I make real money now. Only work 30 hours a month. My question to you package CAR drivers, why do you brag about your low wages?
What can you buy with $80,000 a year? A trailer?
I’m always amazed at how much you package car drivers can post on Brown Cafe. Non-stop day and night. I don’t think half of you work the hours you claim to. I only work 30 or so hours a month and I don’t post as much as you guys who claim to work 70 hours a week. Something doesn’t add up.
I thought I'd lost enough respect for you from your daily Trump ramblings. But then you kept posting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wonder how many years it took from the start for a ups pilot to make 200k. 10-15yrs? From start of college? I feel like in the end it would even out or drivers would come out ahead with pension and health care

Do you know how much a pilots pension is?

Look it up

542thruNthru

Already? Ouch

Doing the math it looks like that’s around where I’ll end up and I’m not too happy about it.
A good 5k of it is from 9.5 grievances though.
Screenshot_20201003-125352_Samsung Internet.jpg

WannaBeFeeder

At top pay 50 hours a week will put you over 100K a year, with 2 days off a week that’s normal. I don’t understand why ppl think you have NO LIFE, i guess maybe in the package world 50 hours feels like 70 cuz it’s cake in feeders

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At top pay 50 hours a week will put you over 100K a year, with 2 days off a week that’s normal. I don’t understand why ppl think you have NO LIFE, i guess maybe in the package world 50 hours feels like 70 cuz it’s cake in feeders
It's different working nights though.
I can work 60 hours in five days and still get 3-4 hours with the family every day. Not possible in package.

MethodsMan

22.3 TP is $33ish. 8 hours a day. Life outside of work. Body nearly intact. Zero stress. I’ll rather have some of that TBH

Stuck in a nasty warehouse having 20 year olds with clipboards telling you what to do? Plus where I’m at the combo jobs are usually nights/twilight. Screw that.

If you are in decent shape the jobs a breeze. Never do I wake up and say damn my bodies beat up and I’ve been doing this almost 10 years.

upsgrunt

Stuck in a nasty warehouse having 20 year olds with clipboards telling you what to do? Plus where I’m at the combo jobs are usually nights/twilight. Screw that.

If you are in decent shape the jobs a breeze. Never do I wake up and say damn my bodies beat up and I’ve been doing this almost 10 years.

It will dude, it will. In 5 years or so your body will remind you EVERY morning.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I’ll hit it around the end of the year. Just going to puke at the amount of taxes that have been gutted