Ac in pkg car

Nolimitz

Those FedEx W700's and W900's A/C get so clogged with dust that they become nonfunctional in less than a year.

This statement is total BS!

A/C repairs on these units are low priority, and getting the parts takes weeks.
Have not seen one fail yet or heard of any ccr bitch about not having A/c

The solar heat gain in the Sprinters, due to the massive windshield, makes the A/C ineffective if there is no mileage between stops.
Get Real!

40 stops to freedom

I have heard before that the reason the cars have power steering now is because its cheaper to keep it than to change them to non power steering. If that is true then that is how we will get ac in the package cars.

brownman2075

No thank you.

But I will support them in any cause they may have to minimize the potential for “heat related” issues specific to their job and situation.

OSHA is making some changes.

FedEx Ground drivers own there own trucks. They technically could put it in, but probably cannot afford it on a lower wage.

FedEx Express drivers do now have air conditioned vehicles in my area. FedEx paid for it.

Arch

The simple solution is to just let us drive with the bulkhead door open. That's all it takes to keep the cargo free from building up more heat.

Future

Victory Ride
For now the only advice I could give is 2 park it in a well shaded area when drivers take their breaks ....open up rear door .....that’s really all u can do

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back in the day ... as everyone else ...would drive w the bulkhead open ...thought everything was secured ....make a stop and a random pkg would come flying into the cab .... definitely not safe
I knew a guy that would open the rear door too. He had a cargo net he would use.

Integrity

Binge Poster
For now the only advice I could give is 2 park it in a well shaded area when drivers take their breaks ....open up rear door .....that’s really all u can do
Good advice to attempt to immediately deal with the situation.

Strictly follow UPS “Cool Solutions” training as well.