Age ????

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How about if you remember that your route was your's, and all you had to do is keep the customers happy?
Such a long gone concept. I remember when I first started, you had your area, and that was it. Some days were heavy, and others were light, but it all balanced out. Now it’s just get your face kicked in everyday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about if you remember that your route was your's, and all you had to do is keep the customers happy?

One of our casuals could have used this advice today. She threw such a fit at a local car dealership that she is no longer welcome there, either as a driver or customer. The bid driver is pissed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Such a long gone concept. I remember when I first started, you had your area, and that was it. Some days were heavy, and others were light, but it all balanced out. Now it’s just get your face kicked in everyday.
Yep. They was like this when I first started. You didn't mind the heavy days because there were easy days too. If your area had 50 stops on Monday you went out with 50 stops. You didn't get 3 other areas added to you.

floridays

If you remember watching the 1969 Chicago Cubs blowing a big lead in the standings going into September, and seeing the Mets take the world series that year you are old.
Bonus points if you remember the infield of Santo, Kessinger, Beckert, and Banks.
Also, if you remember Walter Payton playing quarterback for the Bears one game.
My best friend was heat broken that season, baseball has an amazing way of affecting guys that love the game.
Helluva infield by the way, Randy Hundley not a bad receiver as well, good glove, great player.

oldngray

nowhere special
DVA sends were annoying but in no way compared to having to make speaker calls before they installed DVA's in vehicles. Bonus for when the speaker on your DIAD quit working and you couldn't make the call.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I can only imagine how hard it was for the older guys here to switch to diad from paper , I was young and struggled , but those older guys back then , what a tuff thing fir them to learn !

oldngray

nowhere special
I can only imagine how hard it was for the older guys here to switch to diad from paper , I was young and struggled , but those older guys back then , what a tuff thing fir them to learn !

Paper was easier until paper records were changed to match electronic tracking. Went from 50 packages per page to 20 and each one required a lot more information. At the time UPS didn't claim DIADs were faster. "Just as fast" they said. Paper did suck in the rain though.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yes ,, when the diad went down we went to that new del records
Pain to write out all the tracking numbers ,, the original records had about 50 lines
We wrote down last three #s of tracking , then the time !!
Didn’t we also write time of last delivery of the day and circle that ?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Even though it takes no sense of humor to say that if it is true, you have a great sense of humor walks... funny guy thanks.
I'm very cheap, and I try where I can for any discount. $50 off a jacket a couple weeks ago. Senior discount off movie tickets, and today, $.30 off lunch.
20180425_115019.jpg