Age ????

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
AliveSoreHoneybadger-max-1mb.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Paper was easier until paper records were changed to match electronic tracking. Went from 50 packages per page to 20 and each one required a lot more information. At the time UPS didn't claim DIADs were faster. "Just as fast" they said. Paper did suck in the rain though.

I went from paper to DIAD and do not recall going from 50 to 20.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thanks ,,, I’ll now have nightmares tonite of my first couple of years !!!
Remember you used 2 or 3 clipboards and would switch between them when you delivered stops in another delivery area?

Most drivers today wouldn't have a clue what area numbers stops are in.

The carbon paper was a pain too.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I was once handed 75 one shots in a day ,, move out day at a college
,,, you’ll be ok ,,, call if there’s a problem , turned into mailroom at Tufts , told guy to have kids bring to mailroom , not alowed in the doors ,, he did ,,, fffffff that

oldngray

nowhere special
Around 91 or 92. They came out with that , diad goes down that was your back up , maybe not in the uncivilized sticks outside of Albany , but in the big cities we had this

They changed it so you never ever wanted to be on paper if you could avoid it. DIAD 1's crashed all the time so having paper with you as a backup was a necessity.

Around 91 or 92. They came out with that , diad goes down that was your back up , maybe not in the uncivilized sticks outside of Albany , but in the big cities we had this
It was for two reasons. It first came out for delivery, ground Trac. You needed an extra line to write the tracking number and the shipper number. Second reason was so that we would have a back up in case the DIAD went down

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yes ,,, an at the end of day ,,, we still had to take area totals cod ni nm. And send agains and pu with area #s. And put on a white time card