Archives

T

tieguy

Do you really think the teamsters will ever clean up their act? The only thing keeping them in check ( not clean just in check ) are the federal monitors.

T

thatoldwheel

Lesser of 2 evils. Up to date information on Teamsters and UPS always in media. Media needs more information on UPS. For the latest I keep an eye on [email protected]

T

tieguy

Lesser of two evils? Why not work for the teamsters then and leave UPS if they are so evil?

T

thatoldwheel

32 years of UPS Brown Blood flows in my veins. Wrongfully terminated. Optimistic truth and justice will prevail. It is still early in the second quarter. Halftime show may be entertaining. Even if, only due to federal monitors, teamsters have learned a valuable lesson, no one is above the law. Who knows I may offer my talent to the teamsters as a public service. Maybe just retire on a beach in Florida.

M

my2cents

I'm not convinced the Teamsters have learned any lessons, as long as compulsory unionism exists. There may not be, at the present time, opportunities for corruption. Corrupt union officials know there is always a pipeline full of forced dues cash to fall back on. Additionally, one need only to look at the Overnite situation to see violence still does occur and who knows what type of military empire John Morris would have built if he wasn't checked. In my opinion, the Teamsters have a long way to go before any credibility is re-established. The Carey money-laundering scandal was the last straw for me.

M

malibu

I am wondering if the salary and stock options offered to full time management is worth all the hours and trouble they go through? Does anyone have an ideal what the starting salary is?

M

malibu

I am considering a full time management position and I am wondering if the salary and stock options given to full time management are worth all the hours and trouble they go through? Also, does anyone have a ideal what the starting salary is?

T

thatoldwheel

Labor organization necessary now more than ever. If not Teamsters what other suggestions would you make? Without representation the legal system is unaffordable for most.

O

oldbrownbull

No! Get a calculator, take overtime pay alone, purchase stock through payroll deduction by year end aside from $'s ahead you have a life.

T

thatoldwheel

Thank You, appreciate the info. Will definitely order Quarterly review and Right and policy journal. "Learn by what others have written, so that you may easily come by what others have labored hard for" (Socrates)

T

thatoldwheel

STD BEWARE if you miss 4 days of work you could get put on Short Term Disability. Not to be confused with but very similar to SEXUALY TRANSMITTED DISEASE, you would be better off with the latter. God help you get off before they terminate your employment, whether you are at work everyday or not. If you were ever off for more than 4 days for any injury or illness you better check ASAP. If you or someone you know is or was on STD we must talk.

T

thatoldwheel

Cleveland Plain Dealer April 29, 2001. Take this Job and shove it, but I deny ever posting this e-mail. Sunday paper page 12-A. Mentions United Parcel Service message boards, specificaly Brown Cafe and Vault. Generated readers but no posts. Caution "companies can use technology to identify the writers". Note* I sign my comments, screen name legit and e-mail address is legit. It is simple - tell the truth!

J

jbul_ups

Sorry to hear of your experience. I too have been through the grinder with them. Not knowing all the facts of your problem with UPS, I can only make a few suggestions.
You may qualify under the 1993 Family and Medical Leave Act. Even though you did not request it, UPS is obligated under the law to be aware of people who may qualify under the law. If you do qualify ,then your job is protected. You may also qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act. My best suggestion is to get copies of the laws(you can download the laws in their entirety from GPO.gov., or DOL.gov.) In case you don't already have a lawyer , I used (removed by webmaster, no advertising on this board please.) This is his field of expertise.

I know how they can grind you down. I was fired on a trumped up charge, did get my job back, and eventually the management person that was behind my harrassment was given the option to resign or be fired, due to several people he had been messing with.

Good luck to you. Keep fighting them, eventually it gets to someone higher up, and things get cleared up.

O

oldbrownbull

Rode hard, put away wet! You got to be pushing 50 to know what that means. Big city boys will never understand. Its about abusing your workhorses.
Any forty niners feel they have a target on their back.

P

packman

we all get stuck with the do this and do that as you are told you must steady the course with methods and habits and grin and bear it. you will succed will the task at hand. Just keep the customers happy how pay the bills and all will work for u. remember the time comes to us all when we get the big chance to go full time that our expectations dont meet big brothers needs .put it in to gear and move on..luck to all with this transacktion in the coming hot summer months.

S

stonecold

I would like to see all of our UPS years counting toward our friend/T retirement.A lot of us are losing our P/T years because we turned friend/T before age 25.

D

dannyboy

I wonder just how many of us there are. If you noticed during the last contract offering, the company made an offer to us in that they would pick up all part time years and have them count toward retirement. While I have serious reservations on the company having control of our health and welfare package, it WAS the teamsters that aggreed to screw us in the contractual window that was placed in the contract. So we are caught in limbo. A company that can and will screw you and a union that surely did screw us for a quick contract settlement. Our local union reps just give us lip service as to fixing this problem. I guess we will have to seek legal help against BOTH the union and the company to get this injustice fixed.