ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
I havent started class yet...whats it mean to "go on paper"? and is there a sticky for new feeder guys to ask general questions? ugh...I haven't felt like a fish out of water since I first went driving :D

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I havent started class yet...whats it mean to "go on paper"? and is there a sticky for new feeder guys to ask general questions? ugh...I haven't felt like a fish out of water since I first went driving :D
Our dot hours are computerized through Ivis but if it goes out you have to fill out a log book, they'll teach you in class. My advice is get the shifting and backing down as fast as possible so you can get as much road time as possible. The two guys who went before me barely left the yard during their two weeks because they couldn't get those two things down. Once you can back a 53' footer between 2 53' you'll be good to go though!

Brown Now

You'll need to fill out a paper time card and run a log book all day. It's a pain in the butt keeping track of your day. You'll get used to it and congratulations on getting into feeder.

Brown Now

Will that work? You're still getting paid for hours. Can't go over 60 in 7 days? 70 in 8?
60 in 7 for feeders. You'll get paid whatever you're on. If it's hourly you'll get your total working hours on your paper log paid. If it's a mileage run or what some guys call premium run, you'll get paid all miles that you logged plus any hourly pay if applicable.

60 in 7 for feeders. You'll get paid whatever you're on. If it's hourly you'll get your total working hours on your paper log paid. If it's a mileage run or what some guys call premium run, you'll get paid all miles that you logged plus any hourly pay if applicable.

We go 70 in 8 also. Especially at peak.

Johney

Pineapple King
I think you missed the question.

Orion Syndicate

I think you missed the question.
If you're out of hours you have to park it and a sup will finish the rest of the run. Management however May or May not have fudged their own numbers, have heard rumors of on roads pushing 80 hours because of the hiring push here.

If you're out of hours you have to park it and a sup will finish the rest of the run. Management however May or May not have fudged their own numbers, have heard rumors of on roads pushing 80 hours because of the hiring push here.

Can't happen. The new HOS program on the IVIS lights up like a pinball machine when lunches are due, HOS limit's are approaching, etc.
Plus every violation has to be reported to the DOT. Any mgmt. fudging numbers will get walked quickly.

Orion Syndicate

Can't happen. The new HOS program on the IVIS lights up like a pinball machine when lunches are due, HOS limit's are approaching, etc.
Plus every violation has to be reported to the DOT. Any mgmt. fudging numbers will get walked quickly.
The on road won't be on Ivis, and if they have to train a rookie for 8 hrs then do an 8 hour ojs, even though they aren't driving much if at all I would think that would still be a DOT hos violation

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
I did some mule shifting when I was part time. hopefully ill remember how to park. do you guys have to accelerate with the right foot and brake with the left? thats how we had to do it with the shifter trucks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The on road won't be on Ivis, and if they have to train a rookie for 8 hrs then do an 8 hour ojs, even though they aren't driving much if at all I would think that would still be a DOT hos violation.
The example you're giving is not an HOS violation. They can work 16 hours a day, as long as they don't drive for more than 11 and don't do any driving after 14.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The example you're giving is not an HOS violation. They can work 16 hours a day, as long as they don't drive for more than 11 and don't do any driving after 14.

Let's say they do work 16 hours and have a 1 hour commute---at best they have 7 hours off until they have to report to work the next day. How is that even safe?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let's say they do work 16 hours and have a 1 hour commute---at best they have 7 hours off until they have to report to work the next day. How is that even safe?

10 off before you can report again.

10 off, 1 hour commute each way (10- Commute(2)=8) Eight hours of sleep is good enough for me