barnyard

KTM rider
I think I said it before, but carry a spare flashlight. Batteries died on a brand new flashlight, I had my spare, so no problem.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
wht_red.jpg

These are used on the interstates here. The biggest indicator you're going the wrong way -- you'd see red lane reflectors on the road. If you're going the right way, you'd see white.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
wht_red.jpg

These are used on the interstates here. The biggest indicator you're going the wrong way -- you'd see red lane reflectors on the road. If you're going the right way, you'd see white.

I would think the BIGGEST indicator of going the wrong way would be the multiple vehicles who's headlights are coming at you.

If people don't get THAT hint, you really think lane reflectors are gong to do it? HAHA

MaceFremonti

Feeder Tip #44

Avoid Hero Hooking when your rear pup is facing uphill at a 45 degree angle to the incline. Your dolly will have a mind of it's own and will not cooperate. Just spot and couple like normal.

Your left leg will thank you!

OPTION3

If the yellow line is on your right and the white line is on your left, you are going the wrong way.
what about at night when they are paving the roads and have NO lines painted yet----It happens here all year long...thats what I was referring to :)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
what about at night when they are paving the roads and have NO lines painted yet----It happens here all year long...thats what I was referring to :)
Yea, sometimes they don't even have the center line painted separating the 2 lanes. No center line, no edge lines. Tough to try and find your lane.

MaceFremonti

Feeder Tip #104

Make sure your fire extinguisher is mounted securely with the trigger handle facing rearward else it may become dislodged and one may accidently step on said trigger and discharge extinguisher inside cab while driving!

One of our Q list guys did this recently and the regular driver wasn't too happy about his newly decorated tractor....

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Feeder Tip #104

Make sure your fire extinguisher is mounted securely with the trigger handle facing rearward else it may become dislodged and one may accidently step on said trigger and discharge extinguisher inside cab while driving!

One of our Q list guys did this recently and the regular driver wasn't too happy about his newly decorated tractor....

That's a good tip in general.
Return the assigned driver his tractor at least in the condition you found it if not a little better.

wilberforce15

Okay, so I'm a little confused here, and my HR isn't very helpful.

I just won a FT Feeder Cover bid (woot!). I got the call on Thursday, and they didn't know when the class would be, but they told me to get all my endorsements before the class....meaning, soon.

Today, I passed 3 of the endorsement tests at the DMV (General, Combination Vehicles, Doubles/Triples), and I'll pass Hazmat and Air Brakes tomorrow. That's all they said I would need.

Question: The DMV gave me a sheet about a background check and fingerprinting process for the hazmat endorsement. I can pass the test, and pay their fee and do the process for it, but the thing reads like I already have to have my CDL to get the endorsement. I don't have a CDL....I thought I didn't technically get one until the end of the first week of the class (after the driving test, pre-trip test, etc.)

How do I get endorsements on my license when I haven't even had the driving test yet? Is there some proof from the DMV that I passed the written parts? HR was talking like it had to be on my license when I showed up. I'm just confused. Hopefully somebody can set me straight.

I'm in NC, if it matters.

Also, I'm a temp driver and just finished my 30 days at that. To get my stuff taken care of at the DMV, I may have to call in or miss a day driving (if they don't cut me this week) to take care of my business. Should I tell my sups why I'm calling out? I'm pretty sure they have no idea that I won the bid, and won't be happy that I'm leaving. Or should I just leave it at no reason?

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Okay, so I'm a little confused here, and my HR isn't very helpful.

I just won a FT Feeder Cover bid (woot!). I got the call on Thursday, and they didn't know when the class would be, but they told me to get all my endorsements before the class....meaning, soon.

Today, I passed 3 of the endorsement tests at the DMV (General, Combination Vehicles, Doubles/Triples), and I'll pass Hazmat and Air Brakes tomorrow. That's all they said I would need.

Question: The DMV gave me a sheet about a background check and fingerprinting process for the hazmat endorsement. I can pass the test, and pay their fee and do the process for it, but the thing reads like I already have to have my CDL to get the endorsement. I don't have a CDL....I thought I didn't technically get one until the end of the first week of the class (after the driving test, pre-trip test, etc.)

How do I get endorsements on my license when I haven't even had the driving test yet? Is there some proof from the DMV that I passed the written parts? HR was talking like it had to be on my license when I showed up. I'm just confused. Hopefully somebody can set me straight.

I'm in NC, if it matters.

Also, I'm a temp driver and just finished my 30 days at that. To get my stuff taken care of at the DMV, I may have to call in or miss a day driving (if they don't cut me this week) to take care of my business. Should I tell my sups why I'm calling out? I'm pretty sure they have no idea that I won the bid, and won't be happy that I'm leaving. Or should I just leave it at no reason?
You'll get a CDL learners permit once you pass all the tests and that will have all your endorsements. Who told you needed hazmat?

wilberforce15

HR said I needed it, along with the others.

Maybe she just meant the UPS driver hazmat training that is just within the company? Meaning, those boring videos instead of the DMV test?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
HR said I needed it, along with the others.

Maybe she just meant the UPS driver hazmat training that is just within the company? Meaning, those boring videos instead of the DMV test?
Yeah, you shouldn't need the hazmat endorsement on your cdl but double check, don't take my word for it. Maybe they have big plans for you :)

wilberforce15

Interesting. I'd love not to pay the $94 processing fee and fingerprinting and all that. I'll double-check with somebody actually in feeders here, or higher up the HR chain. My HR people don't exactly inspire confidence.

If no hazmat, then I guess I just go pass the Air Brakes test, get the learner's permit printed with those endorsements, and I'm good.