VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
We just did our annual compliance training. There was an item there that said no unauthorized stops without recording the time properly. I'll be damned if I'm recording a restroom break as meal.

Hell to that.

That's a case that's been lost to the DOL many a time. I'll record it as a DTH (down the hall) but it'll be on company time.

root

Calm down, i'll handle it
We just did our annual compliance training. There was an item there that said no unauthorized stops without recording the time properly. I'll be damned if I'm recording a restroom break as meal.

For real??! they want it recorded??! I'd have to hold my tongue, or else I would be in trouble!
Hell to that.

That's a case that's been lost to the DOL many a time. I'll record it as a DTH (down the hall) but it'll be on company time.

Yup!

UPS4Life

I would hope it depends on the occurrence so. For example if you run the same route everyday and one day out of the month or two months your headed somewhere and stop to take a leak and don't touch anything and keep it reasonable nothing will get said. But if you're running the same run stopping one or two times a day everyday then I'm sorry but you need to get something checked out. I'm all for keeping it quick and on the clock but don't abuse it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS4Life

sounds like an equipment check to me.;)
I have no problem with that one bit but if that's what you say you're doing ya better at least be walking around to check the lights. Nothing against you I always think worse case scenarios. All it takes is one time to be followed and not check anything to get dinged

MaceFremonti

I always do a quick walkaround when I come back. You never know who will have the balls to reach in and pull your 5th wheel handle. On a lighter note, one of our guys swapped the supply/service lines on his buddy's trailer when his buddy stopped for his daily constitutional.

UPS4Life

I always do a quick walkaround when I come back. You never know who will have the balls to reach in and pull your 5th wheel handle. On a lighter note, one of our guys swapped the supply/service lines on his buddy's trailer when his buddy stopped for his daily constitutional.
Yeah I always do a walk around if I leave the vehicle I meant pulling on the shoulder. I heard of a driver who would screw with one guy took a quarter and put it behind the grommet for the emergency service line thinking it wouldn't move. Well he got rolling and headed towards the gate before the guy chased him down and told him what he did. Not sure if he still works here or not.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I would hope it depends on the occurrence so. For example if you run the same route everyday and one day out of the month or two months your headed somewhere and stop to take a leak and don't touch anything and keep it reasonable nothing will get said. But if you're running the same run stopping one or two times a day everyday then I'm sorry but you need to get something checked out. I'm all for keeping it quick and on the clock but don't abuse it.

I run the same route every day. Half way there is a rest area. Every day I stop and use the restroom and give the rig a walk around. I do it each direction. They can see it on their computer like clockwork and they have never said a thing.

Theres stopping and theres abusing. Apples and oranges.

Johney

Pineapple King
Make your pull times and arrival times within your time window and from what I've seen in feeders there is more than enough H.I.P. time.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Sent using BrownCafe App
For one week just try hydrating by the Company guidelines and see how many times you have to stop. No pee bottles while driving now! One of a Feeder driver's best skills is planning bathroom stops.

Johney

Pineapple King
For one week just try hydrating by the Company guidelines and see how many times you have to stop. No pee bottles while driving now! One of a Feeder driver's best skills is planning bathroom stops.
Please, newbies are told by the senior guys where to stop and exactly how much time you need to spend there before leaving.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Space and vis, boys and girls.

image.jpg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That guy needs to run, not walk to the nearest lottery outlet and buy a ticket. I don't know if it matters to anyone, but I believe he was in a chevy Silverado. Lucky he wasn't in a smart car.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I saw that too. Looked like they stopped short of the wreckage, but had to be wreckered out to navigate all the damaged vehicles. I'm guessing because there wasn't anyone around their rig.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Funny. A lot of the companies I see everyday that have idiot drivers are the same ones piled up in those pictures.

And some on this site question our need of a union.

Johney

Pineapple King
I saw that too. Looked like they stopped short of the wreckage, but had to be wreckered out to navigate all the damaged vehicles. I'm guessing because there wasn't anyone around their rig.
Not quite. Take a good look at picture 7 in the article. That's our rig you can tell from one of the other pictures looking from above. I'm also willing to bet that the trailer to the left of the guy trapped is the same rail box.