Johney

Pineapple King
a wreck 1.JPG

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I just figured out why I was confused. The video I saw was the same sleeper team tractor, but it was later on when they were pulling stuff apart. The UPS tractor and trailer was all by itself then. Sorry for the confusion. Remember, I'm retired and senile and I actually don't deserve to even be here. lol

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I would hope it depends on the occurrence so. For example if you run the same route everyday and one day out of the month or two months your headed somewhere and stop to take a leak and don't touch anything and keep it reasonable nothing will get said. But if you're running the same run stopping one or two times a day everyday then I'm sorry but you need to get something checked out. I'm all for keeping it quick and on the clock but don't abuse it.

Where I'm from, we do a safety check once in each direction. During that check, we also go into a gas station to pee or fill up our cups. As long as we keep it at 6 to 10 minutes, we are fine.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I just figured out why I was confused. The video I saw (see link below) was the same sleeper team tractor, but it was later on when they were pulling stuff apart. The UPS tractor and trailer was all by itself then. Sorry for the confusion. Remember, I'm retired and senile and I actually don't deserve to even be here. lol

"Whoa, dude! That's really freaky!"

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Why? Because our guys got involved in this accident? Other than pulling over, and waiting for a salt truck, not sure what would be the difference between the sleeper cab and a brown cab would be.

Because there's no one I trust enough to go to sleep in the back while they drive.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Because there's no one I trust enough to go to sleep in the back while they drive.

I can think of a handful. But neither them of I want to be away all week long. That's a single man's job. Or a long married man. Where we are, they have a extra sign up sheet nearly every week. The jobs are usually 3 day runs. If I work 2 days of my job then go do the 3 day run, I can be home by friday afternoon and get paid OT for the first two days and mileage for the sleeper run. Big paycheck.

But not this time of year, brother.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I can think of a handful. But neither them of I want to be away all week long. That's a single man's job. Or a long married man. Where we are, they have a extra sign up sheet nearly every week. The jobs are usually 3 day runs. If I work 2 days of my job then go do the 3 day run, I can be home by friday afternoon and get paid OT for the first two days and mileage for the sleeper run. Big paycheck.

But not this time of year, brother.

Call me a control freak but I'm not riding in the back regardless the dollar amount.

P.s. it's sister.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm sure there was some arse taking chunks out of his seat cushion. I jackknifed a set of pups once on a wet road, but I was able to straighten it up. Put the fear into me for sure.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I looked in my mirrors and all I saw was trailer gray. There was nobody on either side of me, luckily. I hit the accelerator and pulled the Johnson bar. We were told never to do that in training, but it was a last ditch thing for me and it worked. The set straightened out.

Johney

Pineapple King
I looked in my mirrors and all I saw was trailer gray. There was nobody on either side of me, luckily. I hit the accelerator and pulled the Johnson bar. We were told never to do that in training, but it was a last ditch thing for me and it worked. The set straightened out.
Please explain.

m00npies1

I went for an interview/roadtest yesterday. In Hodgkins they asked if I ever had a suspended license. I told them no but I honestly can't remember if about 15 years ago I was late paying an out of state ticket and I know I got a notice about it not being paid but I don't think it was suspended. I did take care of the fine immediately. It was 15 years ago if I'm wrong will that disqualify me? I Thoroughly went through my record on the county site when I filled out the application online and never saw a suspension. I'm afraid I may be screwed.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I caught a red light about 3am on a wet road. I hit the brakes and the empty set behind me started to go in different directions. I looked in the mirrors and all I saw was gray. The trailers were coming around me. The light was red now, but there was nobody in the intersection, or anyone coming from any direction. I was also in the middle of 3 lanes. I accelerated the tractor, and pulled down the hand brake, applying the brakes to the trailers and dolly only. It gave them enough traction that they fell back behind my tractor, and I sailed right through a red light. I was very lucky. This area of the road is almost always wet, even when not raining. I don't know if they have sprinklers, or some kind of water leak there. I think that contributed to the slickness of the surface.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I went for an interview/roadtest yesterday. In Hodgkins they asked if I ever had a suspended license. I told them no but I honestly can't remember if about 15 years ago I was late paying an out of state ticket and I know I got a notice about it not being paid but I don't think it was suspended. I did take care of the fine immediately. It was 15 years ago if I'm wrong will that disqualify me? I Thoroughly went through my record on the county site when I filled out the application online and never saw a suspension. I'm afraid I may be screwed.
I dont think your driving record goes back that far. Maybe 4 to 7 years. Only dui or owi stay on your record.