Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You wouldn't believe how many times one of the young newbies coming to my building from Jacksonville would get there and not have enough fuel to get back. Can't remember which they were CNG?(not the one with the tank behind the cab) So they'd have to catch a ride back from another Jax guy(we never had extra tractors)then they'd have to tow it back. At least once a week.
They’re LNG. And we just got a new shipment of LNG freights and KW’s. I thought we were done with them because all we’ve been getting are diesels for the last 5 years. I was pissed when I saw the new ones hit the yard.

Could be driving the 266xxx internationals...learned on one of these and yes they had great power but by the time I had to think about shifting I was already behind by 2 or 3 shifts....:censored2: sucked on these.
I've actually pulled @PreTrippin’s run in a CNG, it's :censored2:ing awful. There's a 3-mile hill that pulls at 18mph with a full set. BRUTAL.

We don't have any of these...probably a good thing. Is there any difference when fueling these things and does the cold affect them?
They put up a chart for fueling psi, ambient temp vs psi for fuel level. No idea how it works, but we have guys that do 500+ miles with no problem. Lots of hills in that 500 miles to.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have never heard of part time feeder, I would love to hear what that entails. If you’re “chasing a degree”, why pursue feeder? There are a bunch of other jobs at UPS that would be a better fit for a student. If you land the full time gig, you are not going to have enough time for school. Whichever you choose, good luck in your endeavors.
part time feeder is code for casual.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yeah you're right. As I'm now going back to 2018 the last time I was going to be hired on that this company has way too much drama, lies, translucency and BS to put up with until you actually start making the big bucks everyone harps on about.

Not really worth it for me.

Thanks for your candid input.
What kind of drama? Every job has it's drama.
As for your options, Columbus would be your best bet. A lot of hubs have been having a lot of layoffs for feeder drivers. I haven't heard much of that from Columbus. I can tell you that everyone who gets hire at EZR in Middletown works every day, if you're looking for steady work.

Johney

Pineapple King
Been there. Luckily I was turning when they let loose and went flying by the back window. But I did it a few weeks ag too when I was in a brown but our whoole facility is CNG so no back windows.....luckily.

You drive one of those mobile bombs?

Never heard of any of the gas trucks just blowing up like the bomb you claim it to be. All our brown trucks at my building are CNG so we don't have a choice. But I'm normally a sleeper driver and our sleepers are diesel.
Guess we have now.