MaceFremonti

Funny thing is they ride you about stealing time, on property time, build time, break down time etc but at a lot of hubs/turn arounds you are just sitting there for hours waiting for the loads to be done or show up....

A CDL is a nice thing to have. You can pick up and go anywhere and work if it suits you. You will always have options. Yolo
Thanks! I have a meeting with HR this week so I will talk about it with them. I just want to options and be competitive, I certainly would rather have UPS pay for it. I have about 1 1/2 years of GI Bill left that will cut down on the costs a little. I need to work full time asap...bills aren't paying themselves :-)

Brown Note

I had an interview and road test for a feeder driver position and now must do 1 day orientation and go on the road with a supervisor for a week after that.
I was told i then have to pass a final road test.
Can someone tell me what that final road test entails?
Thanks

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had an interview and road test for a feeder driver position and now must do 1 day orientation and go on the road with a supervisor for a week after that.
Thanks

I had no such "Final road test", did my one week with the supervisor, didn't screw up and hit anything, and made it into feeders lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Thanks
You're just gonna go out and drive around, by the end of the first week they already know if they're gonna keep you and the road test it pretty much a formality unless you really screw it up.

Brown Note

Im guessing the final road test is the week with the supervisor then. I don't see why i would take a road test after a week of driving with him.
Thanks for the replies

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Im guessing the final road test is the week with the supervisor then. I don't see why i would take a road test after a week of driving with him.
Thanks for the replies
They have a whole packet of certification paperwork that they have to turn in on you during feeder qual, the road test is one of their check in the box items.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't see why i would take a road test after a week of driving with him.
It is like a final exam to see if you apply your training in a real life situation. Mine consisted of driving 1/2 day up and down a stretch of road that was heavy in traffic, and a signal light about every 100 yards. My clutch foot hurt for a week. lol. I was really nervous and the trainer told me not to worry, that I had already made it, but I had to go through the final road test.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Those tractors back then had wet clutches. They were full of transmission fluid. We were instructed to not only use the clutch, but to double clutch every shift, under penalty of up to and possibly including termination. I followed instructions.

Makes sense. Firing someone for floating through the gears.....only at UPS.

I'm not at all familiar with a wet clutch, could you float them?