MaceFremonti

For two bids....only had an overnight stay once but had quite a few days where I am at our inbound phones at the 13.99 hour mark. Saw quite a few nasty wrecks in those hills.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For two bids....only had an overnight stay once but had quite a few days where I am at our inbound phones at the 13.99 hour mark. Saw quite a few nasty wrecks in those hills.

I believe it. I came through some (light) snow last time I came from there. It made for so much fun. Cars doing 20 in the right, super truckers flying by on the left, and me....white knuckling the whole time. Lol

MoarTape

This is the result of the last incident we had up on I-80.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 251

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Are any of you feeder drivers (or mechanics) familiar with the new dropframe pups? I have 3 questions:
  1. I don't see any hand valves on the back of them. Does supplying air to the pintle snubber also automatically supply "emergency" & service air to the dolly & rear box?
  2. With the hand crank landing gear, are you expected to (and will it actually) crank high enough for a gravity feed on the unload?
  3. I saw the rear tires have an air pressure equalizing hose, is there also an auto-inflation system on these?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I just saw new pups with what i thought were wings. Ill have to take a closer look when i get back from vacation

MoarTape

When you pull the button for the snubber out, it supplies all the air at the same time, and yes, they do have an auto inflate system. Don't know on the other one. I've only pulled one, but I don't think they're prototypes. They probably have about 30 - 40 of them out at the Middleburg Heights, OH building. I guess they use them for some of their older centers.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Drop frames make sense to me. Looks to me like you could get more volumn in a drop frame. With the added weight down lower, they would be less likely to roll. Drawback would be the killer flaps for loaders/unloaders. A lot of the hub people nowadays haven't experienced a killer flap. Had a couple of them knock me silly long ago. As a driver, I hated the barn doors. Roll ups are your friend.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Drop frames make sense to me. Looks to me like you could get more volumn in a drop frame. With the added weight down lower, they would be less likely to roll. Drawback would be the killer flaps for loaders/unloaders. A lot of the hub people nowadays haven't experienced a killer flap. Had a couple of them knock me silly long ago. As a driver, I hated the barn doors. Roll ups are your friend.
Looks like the killer flaps are back with a vengeance. Instead of the J hooks, the one I saw had magnets to hold the flaps.
My head hurts just thinking about those damn flaps. God, how they hurt.
See above ^^^^.