Pickles

Those bellies don't look as deep. And what hurts more people, flaps falling or fingers getting crushed in those big ass portable rollers?

MaceFremonti

New record this week......waited for a tractor for almost four hours....by then my hot load wasn't hot anymore....just went home after being paid four hours while "Tractor Not Arrived".

Simply unreal.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Never understood that. mgmt. would get their panties in a wad if you took 5 minutes extra at a TA for any reason, but wouldn't bat an eyelash to pay a guy to stand around at the fuel pump because there isn't enough equipment to go around.

MoarTape

New record this week......waited for a tractor for almost four hours....by then my hot load wasn't hot anymore....just went home after being paid four hours while "Tractor Not Arrived".

Simply unreal.

We've have guys waiting a couple hours also. We have 100 extra driver and 13 extra tractors. Does.not.compute.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Never understood that. mgmt. would get their panties in a wad if you took 5 minutes extra at a TA for any reason, but wouldn't bat an eyelash to pay a guy to stand around at the fuel pump because there isn't enough equipment to go around.
It's not about money. It's about UPS being pissed that you took it upon yourself to, what they would call steal, 5 minutes from them.

UPS told that guy to hang around the pumps and wait on a tractor so that is OK.

It's not a money thing. It's a control, power thing.

MaceFremonti

Even better one.....friend of mine waited early this morning for almost three hours....hit traffic both to and from his T/A because he was so late....hit 14 hours about 2 hours from home....had to be picked up...he got paid almost 17 hours.

Cha-Ching.

LOL

MaceFremonti

LCHKY.....ooops.

Attachments

• 1426189210876.jpg
    1426189210876.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 242

MaceFremonti

Two years in Feeders and had my first nightmare last night.....

...about going back to delivery and actually having to touch and deliver packages!

It was horrible!

:D

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Two years in Feeders and had my first nightmare last night.....

...about going back to delivery and actually having to touch and deliver packages!

It was horrible!

:D

Sounds pathetic, but more often than I would want to admit, I have package car dreams. It's been four years since I was in package car, but when I have those dreams, it's almost 5PM and I have a shelf of NDA's to deliver, or I have a shelf of misroutes that need delivering and all I can do is drive in circles around the same block. Not so much nightmares, but more like dull, dry dreams that leave me with a real bad feeling after I wake.

Maybe it's just my wiring, but I also used to have preload dreams for years after I went driving. I suppose that only means after I retire, I will be slow and aching from arthritis--and waking up from a dream wondering if I lowered the legs as I'm pulling away from the trailer...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a recurring dream in feeders as well. There is a bridge going to one of our centers in Port Arthur, Tx. It is the tallest and steepest bridge in Texas. The first time I crossed it in my tractor trailer was at night. There was a fog bank near the top of the bridge and you couldn't see the top of it. I was afraid (in my dream) that I would not be able to make it over the bridge and I would start rolling back down while pulling a set of doubles. I only covered this job for 1 week. Below is a pic of the bridge. There is also a YT video of a motorcycle crossing it.
http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth36701/

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had a recurring dream in feeders as well. There is a bridge going to one of our centers in Port Arthur, Tx. It is the tallest and steepest bridge in Texas. The first time I crossed it in my tractor trailer was at night. There was a fog bank near the top of the bridge and you couldn't see the top of it. I was afraid (in my dream) that I would not be able to make it over the bridge and I would start rolling back down while pulling a set of doubles. I only covered this job for 1 week. Below is a pic of the bridge. There is also a YT video of a motorcycle crossing it.
http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth36701/

That's awesome looking! I need to get out more

MaceFremonti

Bridge over the Potomac River in southern Maryland where we had a 48' get blown over onto it's side. It's an alternate route to Richmond if 95 is all backed up. Two lane bridge that feels even narrower and steeper than it is.

First and last time I went over it I was pulling a 53' full.of empty cartridges going to the Canon recycle facility. Between the other semis coming at you and the crosswinds blowing in every direction it was like living a nightmare when you are wide awake.

Needless to say I came back 95 and sat in rush hour traffic for hours.

Much less stressfull.....but very profitable. :)

Attachments

• 1428406807807.jpg
    1428406807807.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 230

EasyTrucker

Bridge over the Potomac River in southern Maryland where we had a 48' get blown over onto it's side. It's an alternate route to Richmond if 95 is all backed up. Two lane bridge that feels even narrower and steeper than it is.

First and last time I went over it I was pulling a 53' full.of empty cartridges going to the Canon recycle facility. Between the other semis coming at you and the crosswinds blowing in every direction it was like living a nightmare when you are wide awake.

Needless to say I came back 95 and sat in rush hour traffic for hours.

Much less stressfull.....but very profitable. :)
Come on man, I drive over it every day! Piece of cake......lol. Yesterday was fun with a rear empty!