MaceFremonti

My waist went from a 32 to BARELY being able to fit in a 36....more so from when I started going to NEWPA.....between the pizza, the chicken, the ice cream, the Roy Rogers and Auntie Annes on the turnpike I'm surprised I'm not in a 40 yet!

MaceFremonti

Today's NEWPA indulgence....

Attachments

• 1428607025803.jpg
    1428607025803.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 237

MoarTape

The cafeteria is about the only good thing we have there. Don't get why UPS pays for it when they hate that building so much.

UPS4Life

I like going to buildings that have a cafeteria yeah you eat good but you just have to not stuff yourself. Eating something freshly made is always better than the wheel of death.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Newpa is a tough run if you're trying to keep the weight off. I would bring a couple apples and some cheese sticks with me and just get coffee at the rest stops and I still felt like I gained a few lbs over 6 months. I recently saw the guy who bumped me for the 1st time in about 4 months and he looks like a different person, he literally looks like he put on 50 - 60 lbs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My waist went from a 32 to BARELY being able to fit in a 36....more so from when I started going to NEWPA.....between the pizza, the chicken, the ice cream, the Roy Rogers and Auntie Annes on the turnpike I'm surprised I'm not in a 40 yet!

Stupid question------why don't you pack your own lunch/snacks? You would be able to watch what you eat and keep a few bucks in your pocket.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
I made bid woooo :)

its a sleeper run that's planned for about 5k miles. I have a small son and a baby on the way but my wife is ok with it and we have family to help out. anyways, I want to keep a clean tractor and would like some input as to what to stock. already have the lysol wipes and air freshener on the list.

MaceFremonti

I was hoping to see a new stanton hottie for today's "indulgence", major letdown. Haha

LOL...usually whenever I try to talk to one of the twenty something college girls loading my trailer she always asks, "Aren't you supposed to be on break somewhere?"

Although, there is a new female belt supe over on the 182-213 side.

govols019

You smell that?
I made bid woooo :)

its a sleeper run that's planned for about 5k miles. I have a small son and a baby on the way but my wife is ok with it and we have family to help out. anyways, I want to keep a clean tractor and would like some input as to what to stock. already have the lysol wipes and air freshener on the list.

I keep a can of aerosol window cleaner, Armor All cleaning wipes, Scott Hand Wipes and a roll of Scott shop towels. I keep them in a cardboard drink holder from one of our local fast food places.

I use a Renuzit cone under the passenger seat to keep the cab smelling nice.

I also keep soap under the driver seat to use in the car wash.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Stupid question------why don't you pack your own lunch/snacks? You would be able to watch what you eat and keep a few bucks in your pocket.

It's simple, really. In feeders, you simply don't move your body around much. Almost the complete opposite of package car.

Most movement is in a spotter, which most sane feeder drivers avoid like the plague. Time DRAAAAGGs in a spotter. It is very easy work, no rush, BUT, nine hours in a spotter is like a weekend with the ex.

Local work (Pickups, railroad runs) is next, but is also slow work. AND, you tend to be driving your equipment in heavy traffic and next to moronic civilian drivers. Only difference is you get away from the yard.

A good road run is next. Not much movement on road runs, but the job is easy (weather permitting, of course), and time moves along nicely. You will be ok if you limit your calories, and join a gym or make a home workout program. This is what I do. I ate good in PC, and knew what was in store for me in feeders, so my diet was ready for feeders. But the lack of movement surprised me. For me, I didn't mind working out outside of work, but I also like to work 60 hours if I can. And the only problem with that is you are balancing working nights, figuring out your sleep and trying to fit your workouts in there somehow. If you get tired, guess which one gets the short shrift? Uh huh.

But sleeper team is the worst. For feeders, anyway. It's still light years ahead of any package car job, as far as hassle, workload and pay. The pay is the same as mileage, so it is better than any hourly feeder job. But sleeper teams define lack of movement. Drive, then get in the bunk. Exercise? Stretching your legs is your exercise in a sleeper team job. So you better have a mean ass degree of will power in your diet.

If I drove in a sleeper team, I would have to carry a dozen cans of chicken broth and a bag of turkey bones just to stay even on the scale. Oh yeah, you are gone all week in most sleeper jobs. It's a real hard job to stay married in. In sleepers, you are a legitimate, over-the-road trucker. You even have a big boy air horn, instead of a wimpy package car horn like the rest of us.

Where I'm at, most "B" drivers are low seniority drivers. It pays very, very well. Most jobs here pay each driver at least $2000 a week. And you almost never have to deal with the suits. But most of us would rather go home every night.

Just my two cents...