Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
UPDATE:

Just hung up with Amy, and here's what she found. Carnival beat Royal Carribean's price by a lot. She checked these cruises so far.

Carnival Glory Jan 17, 2010
7 day cruise to the eastern Carribean, with stops in Half Moon Cay (their private island), St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Leaving from Miami.

Inside Cabins $589.25
Outside Cabins $709.25
Balcony $879.25

Carnival Conquest March 7th, 2010
7 day cruise to the eastern Carribean, with stops in Key West, Freeport and Nassau. Leaving from Galveston.

Inside cabins $641.78
Outside Cabins $761.78
Balcony $931.78

These prices include tax and everything, except air fare.

Amy also said that she found the western cruise to be less expensive. She's currently checking on those for us. She can only research as far as April 2010. She also knows, Ms Pacman, to talk to the group cruise agent. These rate are preliminary and will probably get reduced somewhat. I think now is a good time for a poll, to see who's seriously going.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I would think that me and my wife and kids would go...We would have to use our tax return (GASP!!) But it would be fun! My kids would have to do some growing up though. The youngest would be a constant flight risk at current maturity levels (2 1/2)

Ms.PacMan

Steve - these are better cruises out of Galveston and not much more expensive.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...alse&btn_findcruises.x=30&btn_findcruises.y=3

Nassau and Freeport aren't very nice or fun imho. Just trying to be helpful....

I'm hoping for the March cruise because I'm not sure I'd risk the weather getting out of here in January. That would be a lot of money down the drain if someone missed the boat.

Am I the only person going on this cruise where inclement weather plays a role in my decision?

Steve - one more question for Amy. If I book a cruise and it goes down in price before I sail I can call and get the price adjusted. Can we do this also with a group cruise?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve - these are better cruises out of Galveston and not much more expensive.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...alse&btn_findcruises.x=30&btn_findcruises.y=3

Nassau and Freeport aren't very nice or fun imho. Just trying to be helpful....

I'm hoping for the March cruise because I'm not sure I'd risk the weather getting out of here in January. That would be a lot of money down the drain if someone missed the boat.

Am I the only person going on this cruise where inclement weather plays a role in my decision?

Steve - one more question for Amy. If I book a cruise and it goes down in price before I sail I can call and get the price adjusted. Can we do this also with a group cruise?

I'll ask her. BTW, if any of you want to talk to AMY directly, I can give you the number to her agency. I'd put it up here, but I'd hate her to get prank phone calls. Just PM me if you need the number.

We pick in November for the following year.

Same here.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
with the mgnt watching this board so closely they might sponsor it as a way to get rid of some of the trouble makers, next thing ya know the ship will sink and problem would be taken care of. lol