Build That Wall!!

vantexan

The point you clearly made was a wall is not needed to stop drug cartels along 95,000 miles of shoreline. Thx for playing.:happy2:
No, big difference between stopping a sub and stopping illegal crossings in open desert. The water itself is a barrier just as mountains and deep canyons are on the Mexican border.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Trump the businessman would have never come up with Obamacare.
"Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say," Trump said in a September 2015 "60 Minutes" interview. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now."
He added when asked who is going to pay for it: "The government’s gonna pay for it."

Trump’s forbidden love: Single-payer health care

vantexan

"Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say," Trump said in a September 2015 "60 Minutes" interview. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now."
He added when asked who is going to pay for it: "The government’s gonna pay for it."

Trump’s forbidden love: Single-payer health care
And you may have noticed it didn't happen.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trump the businessman would have never come up with Obamacare.
I'm not sure Obama would have come up with Obamacare ... it was a half-assed version of the vision he had.
Obama wanted a single-payer system pretty much like AOC's Green Dream.

Bonus: How to insult a Dimwit?
Tell them they can't spell 'maroon' even if they are spotted 'a', 'o' and 'c'!

Last edited:

vantexan

Well yeah, because of a republican congress. You said that Trump would never come up with such a plan and that's clearly not true.
Did he come up with a plan? As I recall he pushed Congress to come up with a plan and after all the promises to repeal Obamacare they had nothing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Did he come up with a plan? As I recall he pushed Congress to come up with a plan and after all the promises to repeal Obamacare they had nothing.
You said Trump never would have come up with such a plan, that's clearly not true. His own statements about single payer make clear that he would have no problem with it at all. The fact that a republican congress would never do any such thing is obvious, but I'm simply addressing your declaration that Trump would never have done anything like Obamacare and his own statements make clear he personally would have no problem with a single payer system.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used to deliver to the federal installation that had a blimp way up with sophisticated cameras to watch the border. They've been using technology for decades. They have infrared screeners at ports of entry. Exactly what do you expect?
Lmao.
A blimp with a camera is your idea of technology. You're a funny guy.

BrownArmy

I'm not sure Obama would have come up with Obamacare ... it was a half-assed version of the vision he had.
Obama wanted a single-payer system pretty much like AOC's Green Dream...

Well, as usual, you’re only half right.

Obama didn’t come up with the ACA, the Heritage Foundation did, and Romney endorsed it here in MA before he slammed it on the national stage.

That’s the part where you’re wrong...

The part where you’re right is that Obama likely did want Single-Payer...he just didn’t have the balls to push it through.

Sad.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.

vantexan

I'm of the impression that blimps are better for radar-based monitoring/detection in the air than ground surveillance, which drones are better at.

https://www.recode.net/2016/11/8/13566270/wall-drones-border-control-mexico-drugs-blimp
When I was there in 2001 what they were using was state of the art. I'm not advocating blimps, just saying they've been using technology and it hasn't stopped millions from entering. I don't see the Dems as big on stopping illegal immigration so them saying use technology to me means don't do anything that might actually work. Plenty of Republicans feel the same way.

vantexan

You said Trump never would have come up with such a plan, that's clearly not true. His own statements about single payer make clear that he would have no problem with it at all. The fact that a republican congress would never do any such thing is obvious, but I'm simply addressing your declaration that Trump would never have done anything like Obamacare and his own statements make clear he personally would have no problem with a single payer system.
You're arguing that he would come up with something that he hasn't. Talk is cheap. But still no action. But if he did come up with something that kept a lot of Obamacare's features but was more cost effective would Democrats support it? Highly doubtful.