Build That Wall!!

vantexan

You’re relying on you personal eye test. There’s more to the facts than you are willing to believe. Oh, sure you point to 3 million sneaking across the border and ignore the 8 million that came and overstayed the visa. Why?

As for the racist element, look at your previous response and tell me how it’s not a racist remark.
Where are you getting the 8 million number? How are all of them getting visas that are very difficult to obtain? This is an argument made up to defend not funding the wall.

Tell me what part of my previous response is racist? In your view apparently any white person making comments about people of color is automatically a racist. You and I know why all of a sudden Democrats are so keen on open borders...future voters. For the millionth time, just get rid of the criminal element and the rest can stay. But not as voters. If their kids are born here they will be voters someday.

Nolimitz

No, about 1000 miles, with natural barriers providing the rest. And as has been demonstrated the wall will pay for itself many times over by keeping out people who need assistance as well as criminals.
And of course the gov't will not allow any cost over runs! Ha natural barriers like the Rio Grand?

It will be fine

No, about 1000 miles, with natural barriers providing the rest. And as has been demonstrated the wall will pay for itself many times over by keeping out people who need assistance as well as criminals.
That hasn’t been demonstrated at all, it’s been claimed without evidence, those are different things.

vantexan

That hasn’t been demonstrated at all, it’s been claimed without evidence, those are different things.
If your side can make claims without evidence, which you do, it's only fair that we do the same. However my side is trying to save the country, your side seems hellbent on running it fiscally into the ground. As long as you have the power, all that matters.

It will be fine

If your side can make claims without evidence, which you do, it's only fair that we do the same. However my side is trying to save the country, your side seems hellbent on running it fiscally into the ground. As long as you have the power, all that matters.
I posted an article by the right wing think tank CATO institute that showed the bad fiscal outcomes of a wall. They provided plenty of evidence to support their assertions. That’s not “my side” it’s an evidence based realistic look. You just spout conspiracy theories about future voters, those are not equivalent view points.

vantexan

I posted an article by the right wing think tank CATO institute that showed the bad fiscal outcomes of a wall. They provided plenty of evidence to support their assertions. That’s not “my side” it’s an evidence based realistic look. You just spout conspiracy theories about future voters, those are not equivalent view points.
They're part of the problem. They want cheap labor. Why are you wanting people to be exploited? Cheap veggies for you vegetarians?"

vantexan

As you run away to S. America and continue to suck from the Gov't teat
And what teat would that be? I'm on a private pension, only 57. And I paid into SS just like you did. Medicare too, but I won't be in the States to use it. So to put it bluntly, you suck more than I do.

It will be fine

They're part of the problem. They want cheap labor. Why are you wanting people to be exploited? Cheap veggies for you vegetarians?"
Their article didn’t talk about labor costs, but you didn’t read it so you wouldn’t know. I’m not sure why you think people traveling hundreds of miles to get a job is exploiting them. If it wasn’t their best option they wouldn’t do it.

vantexan

Their article didn’t talk about labor costs, but you didn’t read it so you wouldn’t know. I’m not sure why you think people traveling hundreds of miles to get a job is exploiting them. If it wasn’t their best option they wouldn’t do it.
Mexico has over 100 million people. They have jobs there. People come to the States because they get paid more than in Mexico and they remit money to their families which is usually used to build homes and start business. Not everyone who comes to the U.S. stays forever. It's a strategy to create a better life for themselves where they're from. Show me 15 Mexicans living in a house, pooling resources to live cheap, and I'll show you Mexicans intent on returning home.

vantexan

I've read a thousand articles like it. For poor Mexicans, who do intend to stay here and build a life, too many employers take advantage of their status to underlay them. Not to mention with forged documents they won't be seeing SS.

So you can’t exploit foreigners? Only Americans can be exploited?

It will be fine

I've read a thousand articles like it. For poor Mexicans, who do intend to stay here and build a life, too many employers take advantage of their status to underlay them. Not to mention with forged documents they won't be seeing SS.
You haven’t read thousands of articles about anything, your focus on nonsensical conspiracies demonstrates that.

vantexan

You haven’t read thousands of articles about anything, your focus on nonsensical conspiracies demonstrates that.
Buddy I've been reading major dailies and news magazines for 30+ years. And tons of articles on respected websites for 20+ years. Enough to know that Leftists talk a good game but they always want to spend everyone else's money but their own.

Meat

And as has been demonstrated the wall will pay for itself many times over...

From a monetary perspective, who gives a :censored2:?

It’s impossible to judge the exact cost of illegals on an annual basis, but some estimates come in at around fifty plus billion a year.

We are looking at trillion dollar deficits for the foreseeable future regardless of that figure.

If either party really gave a :censored2: about the average citizen, they would be fighting to fund Medicare (Part A starts to run at a deficit next decade) and Social Security (starts to run at seventy-nine percent capacity in approximately sixteen years - keep in mind that is the only income that a significant portion of the population has, and the current average benefit is approximately $1300).

In short, there are much greater problems that need to be dealt with, and it amazes me that average citizens are tolerating this nonsense from our elected officials when a significant portion of them will NEVER retire.

vantexan

From a monetary perspective, who gives a :censored2:?

It’s impossible to judge the exact cost of illegals on an annual basis, but some estimates come in at around fifty plus billion a year.

We are looking at trillion dollar deficits for the foreseeable future regardless of that figure.

If either party really gave a :censored2: about the average citizen, they would be fighting to fund Medicare (Part A starts to run at a deficit next decade) and Social Security (starts to run at seventy-nine percent capacity in approximately sixteen years - keep in mind that is the only income that a significant portion of the population has, and the current average benefit is approximately $1300).

In short, there are much greater problems that need to be dealt with, and it amazes me that average citizens are tolerating this nonsense from our elected officials when a significant portion of them will NEVER retire.
That's a fair argument. But I've seen numerous estimates that illegal immigration is costing the country over $100,000,000 a year. If you want money for other things then you've got to find it where you can. And things like that California sheriff's deputy getting murdered by someone sheltered by sanctuary laws shouldn't happen. The human costs far outweigh the financial burden.