Build That Wall!!

BrownArmy

He's been signing other bills

Right now, Trump has a government shutdown in one hand, and his d in the other.

We’ll see which pops first.

It’s really not a good look for anyone; my guess is enough Republicons cross the aisle (eventually) and we’ll turn the Guvment back on.

The irony, of course, is that the fiscal cost of this shutdown nears the money that Trump wants...it would be great if the Dems would just let him build his wall, it won’t be completed (or likely even started) before Orange Julius dies of complete coronary obstruction.

All you Trumpatistas out there, here’s your clue, when Trump told you he was the ‘master negotiator’, you bought it.

You never did ‘due diligence’.

Trump can’t negotiate his way out of a bathroom stall, much less navigate the complex politics of DC.

Art of the ‘complete narcissistic friend’.

I’d ‘lol’ it, but honestly, it’s just sad.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Right now, Trump has a government shutdown in one hand, and his d in the other.

We’ll see which pops first.

It’s really not a good look for anyone; my guess is enough Republicons cross the aisle (eventually) and we’ll turn the Guvment back on.

The irony, of course, is that the fiscal cost of this shutdown nears the money that Trump wants...it would be great if the Dems would just let him build his wall, it won’t be completed (or likely even started) before Orange Julius dies of complete coronary obstruction.

All you Trumpatistas out there, here’s your clue, when Trump told you he was the ‘master negotiator’, you bought it.

You never did ‘due diligence’.

Trump can’t negotiate his way out of a bathroom stall, much less navigate the complex politics of DC.

Art of the ‘complete narcissistic friend’.

I’d ‘lol’ it, but honestly, it’s just sad.
It is sad to see someone drift further and further into their self-obsessed fantasy world where imagination takes over reality.
I'm praying for ya Buddy! :-)

BrownArmy

It is sad to see someone drift further and further into their self-obsessed fantasy world where imagination takes over reality.
I'm praying for ya Buddy! :-)

Lol, which part do you disagree with?

Trump has lost any leverage he had, too bad...sad.

I’ll agree with you in the sense that the Demobots are going full-on OBSTRUCTIONIST, but, really?

Can you blame them?

After Turtles McConnell?

Let’s get one thing clear, Trump doesn’t care about a ‘wall’.

He cares about his image.

Sad.

newfie

50241536_2688827671144006_7997238541195149312_n.jpg

BiggieBrown

Trump has lost any leverage he had, too bad...sad.

How? A government shutdown has no downside for Trump.
The Democrats look ridiculous for refusing to give a trivial amount of money for the wall (and it's obvious to everyone why they refuse to do so) and the result is that Trump gets what he wanted to do all along anyways, scaling down large sections of a bloated federal government.

Trump's base would prefer that it stay shut down forever, and the people who will be most affected by a shutdown are largely Democrat voters. He has literally all the leverage.

It will be fine

How? A government shutdown has no downside for Trump.
The Democrats look ridiculous for refusing to give a trivial amount of money for the wall (and it's obvious to everyone why they refuse to do so) and the result is that Trump gets what he wanted to do all along anyways, scaling down large sections of a bloated federal government.

Trump's base would prefer that it stay shut down forever, and the people who will be most affected by a shutdown are largely Democrat voters. He has literally all the leverage.
So scaling down TSA airport security or FAA plane inspections is good? E-verify being shut down so employers can’t check work documents is good? Pulling millions of dollars out of the economy is good? Trump owns the shutdown, he said so himself. The master deal maker isn’t even negotiating, just sitting around watching Fox and tweeting. Can’t wait for tax refund checks to start being delayed to pwn the libs.

newfie

So scaling down TSA airport security or FAA plane inspections is good? E-verify being shut down so employers can’t check work documents is good? Pulling millions of dollars out of the economy is good? Trump owns the shutdown, he said so himself. The master deal maker isn’t even negotiating, just sitting around watching Fox and tweeting. Can’t wait for tax refund checks to start being delayed to pwn the libs.

the master negotiator has made several counter offers. the democratic response has been to offer up the old bill that has no wall funding and to then recess the house .

I realize you only listen to CNN but how can you blame trump when Pelosi goes to Hawaii and when she recesses the house during this shut down?

trump stayed in the white house the whole time saying he was here and ready to negotiate.

in this purely political tit for tat the optics of trump staying at his desk and Pelosi going to Hawaii carries a lot of sway with the voters.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the master negotiator has made several counter offers. the democratic response has been to offer up the old bill that has no wall funding and to then recess the house .

I realize you only listen to CNN but how can you blame trump when Pelosi goes to Hawaii and when she recesses the house during this shut down?

trump stayed in the white house the whole time saying he was here and ready to negotiate.

in this purely political tit for tat the optics of trump staying at his desk and Pelosi going to Hawaii carries a lot of sway with the voters.
Why is Mexico not paying for the wall?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
how many illegal criminals have to kill US citizens before its an emergency?
which begs the question why cant liberals publicly show some compassion for Officer Singh?
is the politics of the moment more important?

how much more of a drug problem do we need to have before its an emergency?
how much more human trafficking do you need before its an emergency?
When's the last time an illegal shot up a school?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Why is Mexico not paying for the wall?
It ain't over till the fat Mexican sings.

“When you look at the plan that’s taking shape now, using comprehensive tax reform as a means to tax imports from countries that we have a trade deficit from, like Mexico. If you tax that $50 billion at 20 percent of imports … by doing it that we can do $10 billion a year and easily pay for the wall just through that mechanism alone.”