Build That Wall!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yep. It’d be a really dangerous precedent for Presidents to be declaring emergencies that pull from the military budget whenever he/she feels like bypassing Congress. Especially when the situation is clearly not an existential threat to the Country.

Trump was fine with sitting on the issue for 2 years in the name of political expediency because illegal immigration as-is is not an existential threat to the Country.
They already have !?!?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I thought it would be done through charging remittances.
Wouldn't take long.
At the current (and rising) rate of remittances, a nominal 2 percent surcharge on Mexico-bound funds would raise $674 million for a border wall in the first year. Slap a fee on all foreign remittances — $150 billion last year — and the 2,000-mile barrier is fully paid off within eight years.

It will be fine

Wouldn't take long.
At the current (and rising) rate of remittances, a nominal 2 percent surcharge on Mexico-bound funds would raise $674 million for a border wall in the first year. Slap a fee on all foreign remittances — $150 billion last year — and the 2,000-mile barrier is fully paid off within eight years.
Maybe he should suggest that.

BrownFlush

I started to say the Master of the Art of Deal Making. You probably would have liked it better.

Since you deflected a straight question ..I'll give you another shot...
What do you think of the response to @oldngray in reference to paying for the wall by adding surcharges to remittances ?

It will be fine

I started to say the Master of the Art of Deal Making. You probably would have liked it better.

Since you deflected a straight question ..I'll give you another shot...
What do you think of the response to @oldngray in reference to paying for the wall by adding surcharges to remittances ?
Sounds like something that would take congress to enact. I thought new NAFTA was paying for the wall?

BrownFlush

@Box Ox
You have answered what is so obvious with you and a lot of people on this forum.
It isn't about a wall. It isn't about money for a wall. It isn't about what Trump says or doesn't say about anything for that matter. Or what he accomplishes or doesn't .

It's about your hate for the guy. You can't stand that he is President .
Your disdain has been less visceral than some on here, but it's still very obvious.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
@Box Ox
You have answered what is so obvious with you and a lot of people on this forum.
It isn't about a wall. It isn't about money for a wall. It isn't about what Trump says or doesn't say about anything for that matter. Or what he accomplishes or doesn't .

Your disdain has been less visceral than some on here, but it's still very obvious.

Sure, it's about the wall. Mexico isn't paying for it. You can write everything off to my disdain for Trump if you wish.

It will be fine

@Box Ox

Maybe it’s about the wall. There’s no evidence it will have any measurable impact on illegal immigration. Trump wants a big monument he can point to and say he built. I’m sure you’d support him building a giant statue of himself with my tax dollars but the majority of Americans aren’t interested.

BrownFlush

There’s no evidence it will have any measurable impact on illegal immigration.
Yes there is.
Maybe it’s about the wall. Trump wants a big monument he can point to and say he built.
Yeah..this is why Trump wants a wall.
I’m sure you’d support him building a giant statue of himself with my tax dollars
I'm sure you're wrong.
but the majority of Americans aren’t interested.
You're wrong about this, too.

Your post proves it isn't about the wall.