Build That Wall!!

newfie

I think Congress ends up giving the Border Patrol the money for whatever the :censored2: it thinks it should use it for to better protect the border. That way both sides can say the decision was out of their hands. Was left to the experts, not the politicians. Maybe another government funding extension is granted while a study is done.

they have to do something or we get to go through all this again in three weeks. I am so tired of these constant budget battles. come up with a compromise and move on.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
they have to do something or we get to go through all this again in three weeks. I am so tired of these constant budget battles. come up with a compromise and move on.
Don't see any compromise working. Both sides are pandering to their base and financial contributors. Those bastards in our government are only out for themselves.

It will be fine

I think Congress ends up giving the Border Patrol the money for whatever the :censored2: it thinks it should use it for to better protect the border. That way both sides can say the decision was out of their hands. Was left to the experts, not the politicians. Maybe another government funding extension is granted while a study is done.
Trump doesn’t use studies to determine policy. He creates policy and then has someone make up a study to justify it. He doesn’t follow proper procedure, that’s why many of his regulation rollbacks are getting tossed by the courts.

newfie

Trump doesn’t use studies to determine policy. He creates policy and then has someone make up a study to justify it. He doesn’t follow proper procedure, that’s why many of his regulation rollbacks are getting tossed by the courts.

they're getting rolled back in the partisan ninth circuit court system and supported in the supreme court?

in the case of the so called muslim ban he used a study developed under the Obama administration.

have you ever considered the only one creating anything may be you?

vantexan

Rest assured there will not be another government shutdown three weeks from now which means that there will be no wall. Trump can try to use emergency powers but there will be little support in the Senate whose sole objective now is to preserve it's majority given the power that Pelosi has shown that she now has. And if if given the power to build his vanity driven wall it requires the taking of privately owned land along with the prospect of owner law suits being filed instate courts could delay construction for years.
Does Trump need support from the Senate to use emergency powers.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
It’s ok if it’s on the other side of the wall.

Is the 12 year old still gang raped on either side of the border if it's decided the wall/upgraded border protections are insurmountable and the journey to try and cross isn't made in the first place?

bbsam

Staff member
Is the 12 year old still gang raped on either side of the border if it's decided the wall/upgraded border protections are insurmountable and the journey to try and cross isn't made in the first place?
Really? A wall is going to do that? A “big, beautiful wall”? Maybe they can build a “Wall of Babel” that reaches heaven itself.

Box Ox

Really? A wall is going to do that? A “big, beautiful wall”? Maybe they can build a “Wall of Babel” that reaches heaven itself.

Beats me. I'm no wall expert. Hoping Congress and the President will let the US Border Patrol decide for itself.

Box Ox

border patrol has already said they need the wall

Yeah, was just reading some user comments on a related WSJ story. Here's one, who freely provided self-identifying information in his post:

"I like these political pundits stating they will have their "experts" pile on regarding the effectiveness of the Border wall. What experts? The US Border Patrol Chief, numerous Border Patrol Sector chiefs have all stated unequivocally that the Border wall is an effective deterrent. Yuma, San Diego and Macallen , Tx Border Patrol Sectors have all seen the walls effectiveness where constructed. Those Agents on the Ground are the experts. Even the Border Patrol Chief during the Obama Administration is 100% behind the wall's effectiveness in deterring illegal entry by aliens and Narcotics smuggling as well.

Mark J Acton
Senior Special Agent- Ret.
US Dept of Homeland Security- ICE"

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah, was just reading some user comments on a related WSJ story. Here's one, who freely provided self-identifying information in his post:

"I like these political pundits stating they will have their "experts" pile on regarding the effectiveness of the Border wall. What experts? The US Border Patrol Chief, numerous Border Patrol Sector chiefs have all stated unequivocally that the Border wall is an effective deterrent. Yuma, San Diego and Macallen , Tx Border Patrol Sectors have all seen the walls effectiveness where constructed. Those Agents on the Ground are the experts. Even the Border Patrol Chief during the Obama Administration is 100% behind the wall's effectiveness in deterring illegal entry by aliens and Narcotics smuggling as well.

Mark J Acton
Senior Special Agent- Ret.
US Dept of Homeland Security- ICE"
Wow what a racist pos, this is why we need to defund ICE.