Build That Wall!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That and the outdated Electoral College
The Electoral College was put in place to keep radicals from changing the nature of
The United States of America
Working like a charm!

chenge.png

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
That and the outdated Electoral College

Sucks that it’s been giving Republicans Presidential wins when they’ve lost the popular vote.

But it’s also true that the policy agendas of blue states would perpetually dominate the red states if it weren’t in place. Which would probably breed even more resentment/bitterness/instability than we see today. So I’m kinda split on the issue.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Electoral College was put in place to keep radicals from changing the nature of
The United States of America
Working like a charm!

chenge.png
Sucks that it’s been giving Republicans Presidential wins when they’ve lost the popular vote.

But it’s also true that the policy agendas of blue states would perpetually dominate the red states if it weren’t in place. Which would probably breed even more resentment/bitterness/instability than we see today. So I’m kinda split on the issue.

I like this post and I can't even imagine living in a big city Superurban area where everyone is on top of one another. I guess this is what drives so much of the disagreement with widely and wildly divergent views on so many subjects.
I fall back to my way of looking at this mess ... the problem is so much power concentrated in the National government in our 'Anti-Federalist' evolvement ever since the formation of this great Republic.
The EU is experiencing problems ruling a large number of disparate cultures just as the USA is experiencing.

Maybe it is time to actually form a new Agreement amongst the states of the US.

Maybe we can have another Civil War, without the killing, and branch off into type of government ... we did it once.
For sure, get rid of the two party system!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I like this post and I can't even imagine living in a big city Superurban area where everyone is on top of one another. I guess this is what drives so much of the disagreement with widely and wildly divergent views on so many subjects.
I fall back to my way of looking at this mess ... the problem is so much power concentrated in the National government in our 'Anti-Federalist' evolvement ever since the formation of this great Republic.
The EU is experiencing problems ruling a large number of disparate cultures just as the USA is experiencing.

Maybe it is time to actually form a new Agreement amongst the states of the US.

Maybe we can have another Civil War, without the killing, and branch off into type of government ... we did it once.
For sure, get rid of the two party system!
Stock up on guns!!!

vantexan

Of course as blue states become even more liberal they will drive their conservative residents to leave, giving more power eventually to at least some red states. Not for nothing that the blue states actively seek illegal immigrants in hope of making them citizens, even giving them the right to vote without citizenship.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Of course as blue states become even more liberal they will drive their conservative residents to leave, giving more power eventually to at least some red states.
Not for nothing that the blue states actively seek illegal immigrants in hope of making them citizens,
even giving them the right to vote without citizenship.
That is who the Democratic Party now represents ... the Non-European Race citizens of the USA.
It's OK ... I haven't needed them prior to now.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Maybe we can have another Civil War, without the killing

Hope not. I think about all the issues on the table and believe there’s nothing worth killing fellow Americans over. Seems like all of the hyperventilating on social media by both sides has artificially amplified voices to a point at which it seems like armed confrontation is imminent. And it’s made us forget there are real, usually decent people behind the keyboard words.

Don’t think things are as bad as they sometimes seem.

bbsam

Staff member
Hope not. I think about all the issues on the table and believe there’s nothing worth killing fellow Americans over. Seems like all of the hyperventilating on social media by both sides has artificially amplified voices to a point at which it seems like armed confrontation is imminent. And it’s made us forget there are real, usually decent people behind the keyboard words.

Don’t think things are as bad as they sometimes seem.
That’s true. I’m always amazed at how decent a lot of right wingers are in person. We usually find each other interesting and personable often finding a lot of common ground on family, work, sports, and sometimes a general disgust with politics and politicians. And I’m not talking about one or two exceptions.

I’d even go out on a limb and say that if I met @moreluck in person, we’d probably like each other.

Probably not @Old Man Jingles though. He’s an :censored2:.