Can I collect unemployment if...

HD219

If my ground contractor fires me but hands me a piece of paper with another contractors name and # for employment. And I decline to work for the referred contractor, could I collect unemployment? My contractor fires people for no reason and says they can't collect unemployment since he offered them a job with a different contractor that will hire them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If my ground contractor fires me but hands me a piece of paper with another contractors name and # for employment. And I decline to work for the referred contractor, could I collect unemployment? My contractor fires people for no reason and says they can't collect unemployment since he offered them a job with a different contractor that will hire them.

Lol
What d’ya have to do to get fired at Ground?

I’ve got a question to see if my theory works out
Do you now or any time in the past have a face or neck tattoo ?

It will be fine

I doubt he fires people for no reason. What type of loser prefers unemployment over a job?

HD219

Where'd I say I'd prefer unemployment. I'd need interim pay while looking for new employment right? Not too smart are ya. My contractor has caused so much tension in the work place by not giving us any hazard pay or raise due to a huge increase in volume. I've been working for him for 5 years without getting a single raise despite asking. I finally said I WANT a raise. No response. So I bluffed on quiting to see if he'd budge. Nope. Now he's acting like a teenage girl about it. I want to move onto a career instead of a dead end job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Where'd I say I'd prefer unemployment. I'd need interim pay while looking for new employment right? Not too smart are ya. My contractor has caused so much tension in the work place by not giving us any hazard pay or raise due to a huge increase in volume. I've been working for him for 5 years without getting a single raise despite asking. I finally said I WANT a raise. No response. So I bluffed on quiting to see if he'd budge. Nope. Now he's acting like a teenage girl about it. I want to move onto a career instead of a dead end job.

Good for You

go kick some ass

It will be fine

You bluffed on quitting and he fired you? Your story does not check out.

HD219

You bluffed on quitting and he fired you? Your story does not check out.
No, after my route yesterday I texted and asked for a raise. No reply from him. Then I called. No answer. I text him again "my scanner will be on my passenger seat". That was the bluff. No response all day yesterday. I go in this morning. Someone is loading up my route in their truck. Tried calling and texting him this morning. No response. I asked the manager "wtf is going on". The reply was "contractor thought you quit". I said "No. I was asking for a raise trying to get a reply". Loaded up my truck and got to work. But now I know he's out to get me like he has others so I'm preparing myself.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, after my route yesterday I texted and asked for a raise. No reply from him. Then I called. No answer. I text him again "my scanner will be on my passenger seat". That was the bluff. No response all day yesterday. I go in this morning. Someone is loading up my route in their truck. Tried calling and texting him this morning. No response. I asked the manager "wtf is going on". The reply was "contractor thought you quit". I said "No. I was asking for a raise trying to get a reply". Loaded up my truck and got to work. But now I know he's out to get me like he has others so I'm preparing myself.

you were a sucker
Should have told him to go friend* himself you’re worth more $$$$