Car and Bike Talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Same thing....so no.
Yeah, the resemblance is uncanny. I don't know how I never saw it.

quad_decade_guy_is_wrong_lol.jpg

quad decade guy

View attachment 309043

Man you are obtuse. But it made me smile. I immediately went to the proverbial lipstick on a pig . To be clear: I own a 2006 Dyna, 2006 road king and a 2006 883 sporty custom and an 08 kaw zx14 concourse. Any simpleton could see the Harley connection among the different bikes and you should be able to see the Buell heritage. And I'd bet that Buell engine would bolt right in(with little work) into the sporty. See? And if you looked at an old ww2 radial engine you would see similairities too. Well maybe you wouldn't....I actually considered a Ulysses. But prefer the xr1200r tracker.

quad decade guy

View attachment 309043
Different models with the same heart. Ok. Except my 08 zx14 Concourse will run rings around that Buell and last 3 times longer etc. etc. And deep down you know that. At its core it's a Harley. A refined Harley(to its limits though). Down to the lowest piece of Chinese crap, every bike has its place and meaning to the owner. I applaud every one. As a kid, I would ride anything and still would. I've owned dozens and dozens of bikes for 50+ years. Love bikes. But I think I know what I'm talking about. Platform sharing is a great way to maximize product. A Buell is such a machine. Admit it or not. I am not a bike snob(see above). I accept all bike limitations and even find some of them to be interesting and endearing. Love bikes.

sailfish

Man you are obtuse. But it made me smile. I immediately went to the proverbial lipstick on a pig . To be clear: I own a 2006 Dyna, 2006 road king and a 2006 883 sporty custom and an 08 kaw zx14 concourse. Any simpleton could see the Harley connection among the different bikes and you should be able to see the Buell heritage. And I'd bet that Buell engine would bolt right in(with little work) into the sporty. See? And if you looked at an old ww2 radial engine you would see similairities too. Well maybe you wouldn't....I actually considered a Ulysses. But prefer the xr1200r tracker.
You're an absolute buffoon. Are you actively trying to solidify your position as one of the laughing stock around here or is that just a side effect? I above anyone else knows Buells shared the Evolution engine with the HD Sportster line, albeit more appropriately tuned. That doesn't make them the same. Whole other animal with an entirely different riding experience and customer base. And who's to say what original designs and innovations would have rolled out of Buell in the eleven years since? Harley's closure of Buell was decried by many and that skeleton is coming around to haunt them.

But I think I know what I'm talking about.
That's another place we differ. I know what I'm talking about and refrain from speaking until I do.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're an absolute buffoon. Are you actively trying to solidify your position as one of the laughing stock around here or is that just a side effect? I above anyone else knows Buells shared the Evolution engine with the HD Sportster line, albeit more appropriately tuned. That doesn't make them the same. Whole other animal with an entirely different riding experience and customer base. And who's to say what original designs and innovations would have rolled out of Buell in the eleven years since? Harley's closure of Buell was decried by many and that skeleton is coming around to haunt them.

That's another place we differ. I know what I'm talking about and refrain from speaking until I do.

Give it up, @sailfish. This guy knows everything about everything.

Waste of time to argue with him.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

he most likely doesent have a whole stable of motorcycles
Probably just a 125 Honda from the 70’s
Guys a total blowhard

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Different models with the same heart. Ok. Except my 08 zx14 Concourse will run rings around that Buell and last 3 times longer etc. etc. And deep down you know that. At its core it's a Harley. A refined Harley(to its limits though). Down to the lowest piece of Chinese crap, every bike has its place and meaning to the owner. I applaud every one. As a kid, I would ride anything and still would. I've owned dozens and dozens of bikes for 50+ years. Love bikes. But I think I know what I'm talking about. Platform sharing is a great way to maximize product. A Buell is such a machine. Admit it or not. I am not a bike snob(see above). I accept all bike limitations and even find some of them to be interesting and endearing. Love bikes.

lol

sailfish

Yet, a person has a different opinion than yours and what? Somehow yours is exactly what.....different and the differing person must.....be abused?
You weren't stating anything as an opinion. You were so hardstruck in your [wrong] assertion that you viewed anyone who didn't accept it as fact as obtuse.

Now, if you want to talk bikes that would be great or we can talk about that small p&nis envy
Gross. I'm certainly not envious of your small ugly peen.

Do you become abusive at the ice cream stand if someone orders something else besides what you like or think is better or could have been? Or really think the same ice cream is completely different with sprinkles?
Dude, are you stalking me? That's pretty creepy, bro.

20200909_162736.jpg

quad decade guy

You weren't stating anything as an opinion. You were so hardstruck in your [wrong] assertion that you viewed anyone who didn't accept it as fact as obtuse.

View attachment 309108

Try to reread it. Context. Because you seem confused. I guess that's where the problem lies. Ah yes, you're challenged(I think that's what they call it).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

View attachment 309108

Ol’boy has some serious issues
Whole garage full of motorcycles corvettes and airplanes
But has no idea about retirement or savings
Ohh-k

quad decade guy

I’m wonder if he’s that guy from Florida who used to brag about all his stuff.

Brag? I thought we were talking about bikes. I have a few. I buy , sell, trade maybe collect. I do have a plane and a vette. What's odd is say vette51 seems to get a pass and I get crap. Now, it took me 40 years of working(I don't seem to get any credit for that) but brag? I'm abused because over the years I've bought a few Harley's? You guys act like they are yachts. 10-20 year old Harleys are relatively cheap. So are 15 year old vette's. I own an experimental plane because I'm a certified A&P mechanic(i.e. I can do all the maintenance and inspections)(saves $$$)(you really have no idea the personal sacrifice it took to work a 50 hour week in feeders and go to mechanic school). Shrewd financially I think. But no, I get crap. I guess to some of the retirees here(where just taking a walk seems to be something)(Bless you all) it might seem like a lot. But if you burned it all-not really. I mention some of those bikes for reference.....................to the BIKE conversation. Context. But no, jealous , personal abuse and attacks. So odd. Jealousy: act of showing envy for someone's achievements or possessions. Check it out. Get some help. Now want to talk about bikes? I have a few.....

But then I got to thinking, this is the same crowd that was/is abusive even talking about safety and how to save lives. Abusive on the back of a dead co-worker/friend(at UPS)(killed at work). So odd. Weird even. Such inner personal demons and failures.

quad decade guy

Ol’boy has some serious issues
Whole garage full of motorcycles corvettes and airplanes
But has no idea about retirement or savings
Ohh-k

Ohh-k. I'd just like to be able to access the retirement calculator. Again, you have no idea about my finances. I have an older corvette(one) and an experimental airplane(one)(those took me 40 years of working, saving to get).....not a "whole garage full(plural)". The only "serious issue" I really have is my wife has a potentially fatal disease. But then, who are you or why do you care? So odd.

sailfish

One of my favorite things to do when riding was always just stopping for something to eat. So I've about had it with this drive-thru-only bull:censored2:.

20200910_194141.jpg

quad decade guy

One of my favorite things to do when riding was always just stopping for something to eat. So I've about had it with this drive-thru-only bull:censored2:.

View attachment 309276

We have several great ride to restaurants- bike and top down places. All have outdoor seating and offer great cruising and crowd watching. What bikes and convertibles are made for(I think). You might see a Ferrari or a vintage Harley and yes even a Buell....low riders(the Hispanic kind with candy paint and all) come through every Sat. night. I hope to God it get's back to "normal".

sailfish

We have several great ride to restaurants- bike and top down places. All have outdoor seating and offer great cruising and crowd watching. What bikes and convertibles are made for(I think). You might see a Ferrari or a vintage Harley and yes even a Buell....low riders(the Hispanic kind with candy paint and all) come through every Sat. night. I hope to God it get's back to "normal".
It's ridiculous. I feel like I'm restricted to gas stations if I want to eat. I have to sit on the curb anyway but at least I have a :censored2:ing trash can for everything when I'm done.

sailfish

Got a touring windscreen coming for the Vstrom. Time to strap in and get comfortable on those highway rides.