climate catastrophe

Thebrownblob

i have alot of distrust of everything except ralph nader, chris hedges, noam chomsky, cornel west, to name a few

i rebel everyday. i know that i can do a job like software programmer and that can still mean im just living a meaningless life.
No life is meaningless.

rickyb

Chomsky is a pedophile
1658675918736.png

rickyb

That's your catch all so that no matter what people do, no matter how pure and kind they are, they're wrong unless they agree with you.
the meaning of life is to fight for truth, beauty, and i forget the 3rd thing.

if you just do your job, and vote every 2 years, youre under control i suspect

vantexan

the meaning of life is to fight for truth, beauty, and i forget the 3rd thing.

if you just do your job, and vote every 2 years, youre under control i suspect
You would have us in a constant state of disruption. Goods couldn't move, services couldn't happen, kids couldn't get educated.

rickyb

Was Assange a journalist or did he just pass along leaked documents?
journalist but MSM which is in bed with the govt, says hes a pedo and a war criminal (thats actually wat hes being charged for when hes reporting on the war criminals who are not in jail)

journalists always publish classified docs. this case against assange is destroying the profession and its already having its effects on reporters self censoring.

rickyb

I’m not saying trump isn’t one, however, if he can change the status quo in our government, im willing to use him. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It is the ones who are not interested in changing the status quo of our government who are the truly despicable ones.
and yet he was worse than hillary or biden

i agree he was better on trade and probably war.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I seen this before, I think someone else posted an article like this, maybe it was you, about our air becoming so clean that there is no longer enough fine particles in the air to reflect the suns rays to keep from warming the earth. Why doesn’t the scientific community do studies on this? I guess that’s why they are now recommending to send giant bubbles into the atmosphere to Filter the sun? Lol, so the actual problem is, there is not enough carbon dioxide in the air to cool the planet, just like conservative scientists have been saying.

I always say, the way we tend to "solve" problems ends up making worse problems. CO2 is colorless, it absorbs energy from a certain wavelength of infrared, once it absorbs enough it begins re-emitting it. To be more technical: the infrared excites the valence shell (outer most) electrons to a higher energy level (increases their orbit from the nuclei of their respective atoms). As those electrons' orbits decay, they emit IR photons and the electrons drop back to their lowest energy orbit.

The particulate issue is an entirely different matter, which I'm not quite as well versed on, but I'll try my best to explain. The particles that might reflect the sun include molecules like nitrous oxide, and various sulphur compounds. These are mostly what make up smog. And you can actually see it in high enough concentrations. Though they can reflect the higher energy sunlight wavelengths, they are generally bad for people's health on the concentrations needed to do so. Water vapor, or clouds, do the same thing, but they also need some amount of particulate matter to coalesce around. So, too clean of air can reduce cloud formation, which can increase sunlight absorption, and exacerbate regional drought conditions.

CO2 is necessary for plant life, which we live in a somewhat sybiosis with. They take in the CO2, and repirate O2, and we do the opposite. Higher concentrations of CO2 are good for plants. There are various ways that we can continue using hydrocarbon fuels and keep CO2 concentrations stable, but it's not very clear that stabilizing CO2 is a good idea. And, the way we solve problems, we are more likely to pull too much co2 out of the atmosphere and cause a shortage that could lead to massive dying off of plant species.

I like Tony Heller, but there's an actual chemist on YouTube whose channel is called thunderfoot, or something. He is totally on board with manmade global warming, and his solution is to create a sodium based fuel that would increase relatively inert sodium molecules in the atmosphere. He has done break downs on how many billions of trees would have to be planted, every year, in order to offset CO2.

I don't think CO2 is really the problem many make it out to be, but if everyone is deadset on reducing it, I think we can properly balance co2 cycles with better soil and ocean stewardship. With most of the CO2 being absorbed by the oceans, plankton should be thriving, but we do tend to overfish, meaning the other nutrients plankton need to flourish aren't being provided in high enough concentrations. Some of these nutrients are making their way to the oceans by way of agricultural run off, but It's too concentrated in too few areas, which leads to harmful algae blooms. This is the reason the Dutch are trying to minimize nitrogen fertilizer. But that won't work, because they will starve people to death by doing that.

I could keep going, because this is a complex, and highly interconnected issue, but I'll leave it there for now.