climate catastrophe

Non liberal

what they do is defund the public, and when it stops working thats their excuse to privatize.
Yes! Why should the parents have to pay when their children aren’t going to public school. All they do is use it to overpay teachers, and do more false research on how they can teach our children that men can have babies, and conservatism is bad.

vantexan

my buddy who lives in EU for years, says public transport which is best by north american standards would be worst by EU standards. I read travel books; even the commies built good systems in eastern EU. north americans are just less civilized and our public transport is an example of that.

NYC is so corrupt you dont even get padded seats on the subway. its all plastic. look at the photos. NYC is awash in wealth too. we are less civilized than EU. the fast train i took from amsterdam airport to downtown had big padded seats. vancouver trains have thinly padded seats aside from the wheelchair seat which is padded.
If you live in Europe and depend on public transportation it's there if you need it. But don't kid yourself that it's as fast, as convenient, or as easy to use as your own car. Just a lot cheaper.

vantexan

what they do is defund the public, and when it stops working thats their excuse to privatize.
I see what kind of education my nieces are getting in public school. It's pathetic. Don't even have homework. When what kids know is primarily on Tik Tok we're in big trouble.

rickyb

I see what kind of education my nieces are getting in public school. It's pathetic. Don't even have homework. When what kids know is primarily on Tik Tok we're in big trouble.
china limits tik tok time bc of negative affects on brain development

r u in favor of that? if not dont complain

rickyb

If you live in Europe and depend on public transportation it's there if you need it. But don't kid yourself that it's as fast, as convenient, or as easy to use as your own car. Just a lot cheaper.
and better than north american...

if you are north america and you are disabled and cant get insurance, you are stuck with our bad public transport

europeans have more choice. we dont.

vantexan

if you are north america and you are disabled and cant get insurance, you are stuck with our bad public transport

Doesn't matter. No matter where they're at if people can afford to use their own vehicle they do. You're for efficiency. Waiting 15-30 minutes for the next bus and then almost an hour to get to your destination where you have to walk another 200 yards is a heck of a lot less efficient than getting in your car at home, driving 15 minutes to your destination then parking right next to them. You have this fantasy where Europeans step on to the bus or subway right away and a short ride later get off where they want to be. Not so.

vantexan

Some American cities are pretty good with buses. Seattle has a huge network.

rickyb

Doesn't matter. No matter where they're at if people can afford to use their own vehicle they do. You're for efficiency. Waiting 15-30 minutes for the next bus and then almost an hour to get to your destination where you have to walk another 200 yards is a heck of a lot less efficient than getting in your car at home, driving 15 minutes to your destination then parking right next to them. You have this fantasy where Europeans step on to the bus or subway right away and a short ride later get off where they want to be. Not so.
i have this reality that EU has better public transport than we do. I will shortly prove it to you....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It is a living document. How many times has it been amended?

Irrelevant....

Screenshot_20220724-125918_Chrome.jpg

rickyb

Guess we’ll never know, although if our economy was doing well, like it was under trump, and working people didn’t lose 25% of their 401k already, it would be a much easier pill to swallow.
half of america owns a small fraction of the stock market

the other half owns nothing.

btw economies always go into recession. it was probably a certainty in either trumps first or second term. as it so happened, it occurred in his first

Non liberal

half of america owns a small fraction of the stock market

the other half owns nothing.

btw economies always go into recession. it was probably a certainty in either trumps first or second term. as it so happened, it occurred in his first
Well maybe the other half should either get a job and start contributing to society and then start buying some of the stock market OR stop eating fast food, move out of liberal cities where you have no chance to succeed, stop buying overpriced groceries at your neighborhood corner store, stop boozing if you can’t afford it, stop being a drug addict, stop blaming society for your shortcomings etc, etc, etc, there’s not enough room on this page to list all the things the”other half” could do. But they don’t want to because their lazy!