climate catastrophe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Already took the booster. Lol. Then, I didn't need any drugs to deal with any side effects. Because science!
Keep getting them.

Everything around you and everything you interact with on a daily basis, whether you realize it or not, was engineered from the conclusions of some science, basic or complex. Have a little respect and humility.

I'm sorry, did I offend your religious beliefs? Lol. Your blind allegiance to people in white lab coats would be an affront to science, if science were an actual entity, and not merely a formalization of many of the tools people use to navigate the world every day. It's really amazing how people can form hypotheses based on observations and test them out without even thinking about it. I'd be more than happy to explain to you how it works sometime.

Thebrownblob

Most western govts dont deny climate catastrophe, theyre just doing :censored2: all to stop it.

So govt and giant corporations will b the primary thing we rebel against if were going to friend the man
Governments are pushing climate change narrative working with them means you are the man.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I love how a lot of you guys here try to drag me for telling you what tens of thousands of trained climatologists are saying about the climate warming by saying I have some kind of religious fanaticism for science, but yet can't back up your "beliefs" in the least.

Gotta Go

21ABB462-CD38-42CF-A790-D031D7FBC2DA.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I sure will, when they say it's time.
Good, then you won't be able to spread your Twitter bot nonsense much longer.

Keep stamping your feet and being needlessly contrarian with not a shred of evidence.

"Hurr durr.... you're a child throwing a tantrum because I don't know what science is." Lol. So original. I think you're the 18th sock puppet to compare people destroying them in debates to children throwing a tantrum. Go back to your handlers and get new material.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Flooding is becoming more intense. Look at the evidence. Warmer atmosphere holds more water vapor...

Is that why we're in a drought on the west coast? Man, climate change can do the exact opposite things at the same time without any change in variables. It's like a miracle, because some Twitter bot told you scientists said so. Lol.

stronger storms, more rain. This is only going to get worse. This isn't my opinion. This is observable fact.

No. It's not.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm going to write a TLDR post about the actual science behind CO2, global warming and climate change. This is all off the top of my head, no Google searches. This is to demonstrate to the consumers and regurgitators of climate catastrophe lies that I actually have enough working understanding of the physics involved to be able to evaluate the unscientific claims you guys say "experts" tell you. Btw, many of the claims you guys keep repeating are so outdated and wrong that the "experts" you claim to believe are too embarrassed to admit they ever believed them.

You ready? Here we go:

The Sun, Earth's orbit and its axial tilt

Milankovich cycles, obliquity changes and solar output demonstrably account for any warming that might actually be happening. A claim that 1.3 degrees C of warming over 150 years (which is a lie) is only attributable to a gas that makes up 425ppm of our atmosphere is absurd on its face. Seasonal temperatures vary by up to 150 degrees throughout the year, depending on latitude, and that's been mostly due an approximately 23 degree tilt in the axis, and the Earth's normally elliptical orbit. The tilt has charged so that more of the Earth's surface is facing more directly at the sun year round, and Earth's orbit has become circular so the distance between the Earth and the Sun is closer all year round than it once was. Solar output also goes through 11 and 100 year cycles, spotted here and there with solar flares, which cause temperature anomalies due to massive spikes in energy output from the Sun.

If the experts had controlled for all these factors, they would have to conclude that if it weren't for these conditions, the Earth would be cooling far more than it currently is. It's not cooling much, now, and will likely start another warming cycle in the next couple of decades, but it is clearly not warming right now.

CO2 and the "Greenhouse" effect

To start, the greenhouse effect is a misnomer. Greenhouses work by solar radiation passing through glass, and the valence electrons from the SIO2 (silicon dioxide, which is what glass is mostly made of) are hit by photons of a particular wavelength, increasing their energy levels to a higher orbit around their nuclei. As the electrons drop back down into their stable orbits, they emit a lower energy photon of a wavelength that is within the IR (infra red, or "heat") band of the electromagnetic spectrum. To put it simply, glass converts higher energy photons into heat, creating the greenhouse effect, causing warming inside the greenhouse. The glass does not stop IR, in or out. It is merely the conversion of UV light to IR that causes the warming. Once the sun goes down, the greenhouse quickly cools to ambient temperature as all the IR escapes through the glass.

CO2 acts in a similar fashion. It also has valence electrons that are excited by a narrow band of electromagnetic radiation. That band falls within the IR range. Unlike glass of a greenhouse, though, CO2 does not create a thin barrier at a set distance around the Earth, and it doesn't simply allow the radiation to pass through in one direction or the other. It absorbs the energy, and re-emits it in all directions, making CO2 more like a blanket than a greenhouse.

The climate alarmists admit to all the above, so do the skeptics, so none of that is controversial. The alarmists, however, claim that the radiation emitted by the CO2 molecules is then absorbed by other CO2 molecules, and the higher the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, the longer it takes for the heat to escape. They also claim that CO2 concentrations are increasing mostly in the upper atmosphere.

Here's the problem. That claim defies the laws of thermodynamics. Both conservation of energy and action =/opposite reaction. When you have molecules or atoms emitting energy, It's always at a lower level than what it absorbed. This is demonstrated easily with fluorescence and phosphoerescence. You shine the right frequency light onto a phosphorescent or fluorescent material, it emits a lower energy glow as all the valence electrons drop an orbit. CO2 is the same, meaning that the photons it emits are a lower energy level than what it absorbs, meaning, CO2 can't just keep passing photons back and forth to each other. The photons they emit are necessarily a lower frequency than what they absorb. So the lower frequency photons will pass right by other CO2 molecules.

Higher concentrations of CO2 in the outer atmosphere will necessarily prevent CO2 molecules closer to Earth from ever absorbing any IR energy, because the higher up CO2 will have converted all the IR in that band into lower frequency radiation, half of which would be emitted back into space immediately.

The entire premise is a sham. There has been no paper that has ever proven that CO2 contributes to global warming, because it literally cannot do so.

I hope this has been an illuminating read for all you science illiterate Twitter bot echo posters out there.

Next post I may explain why there is no such thing as "climate science" and why there can't be. Until then, keep burning those hydrocarbons. They are the best thing to ever happen to the planet and humans.

Last edited:

Non sequitur

I love how a lot of you guys here try to drag me for telling you what tens of thousands of trained climatologists are saying about the climate warming by saying I have some kind of religious fanaticism for science, but yet can't back up your "beliefs" in the least.
Move to Canada problem solved. The climate scientist (Al Gore) say it will be like the tropics there in 10 years. Be scared is the message. Enjoy the next phase of Communism.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Move to Canada problem solved. The climate scientist (Al Gore) say it will be like the tropics there in 10 years. Be scared is the message. Enjoy the next phase of Communism.
I'm not scared. I'm concerned. You'd be stupid not to be concerned for the future, unless you don't care about future generations living in a slow-rolling nightmare.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I'm going to write a TLDR post about the actual science behind CO2, global warming and climate change. This is all off the top of my head, no Google searches. This is to demonstrate to the consumers and regurgitators of climate catastrophe lies that I actually have enough working understanding of the physics involved to be able to evaluate the unscientific claims you guys say "experts" tell you. Btw, many of the claims you guys keep repeating are so outdated and wrong that the "experts" you claim to believe are too embarrassed to admit they ever believed them.

You ready? Here we go:

The Sun, Earth's orbit and its axial tilt

Milankovich cycles, obliquity changes and solar output demonstrably account for any warming that might actually be happening. A claim that 1.3 degrees C of warming over 150 years (which is a lie) is only attributable to a gas that makes up 425ppm of our atmosphere is absurd on its face. Seasonal temperatures vary by up to 150 degrees throughout the year, depending on latitude, and that's been mostly due an approximately 23 degree tilt in the axis, and the Earth's normally elliptical orbit. The tilt has charged so that more of the Earth's surface is facing more directly at the sun year round, and Earth's orbit has become circular so the distance between the Earth and the Sun is closer all year round than it once was. Solar output also goes through 11 and 100 year cycles, spotted here and there with solar flares, which cause temperature anomalies due to massive spikes in energy output from the Sun.

If the experts had controlled for all these factors, they would have to conclude that if it weren't for these conditions, the Earth would be cooling far more than it currently is. It's not cooling much, now, and will likely start another warming cycle in the next couple of decades, but it is clearly not warming right now.

CO2 and the "Greenhouse" effect

To start, the greenhouse effect is a misnomer. Greenhouses work by solar radiation passing through glass, and the valence electrons from the SIO2 (silicon dioxide, which is what glass is mostly made of) are hit by photons of a particular wavelength, increasing their energy levels to a higher orbit around their nuclei. As the electrons drop back down into their stable orbits, they emit a lower energy photon of a wavelength that is within the IR (infra red, or "heat") band of the electromagnetic spectrum. To put it simply, glass converts higher energy photons into heat, creating the greenhouse effect, causing warming inside the greenhouse. The glass does not stop IR, in or out. It is merely the conversion of UV light to IR that causes the warming. Once the sun goes down, the greenhouse quickly cools to ambient temperature as all the IR escapes through the glass.

CO2 acts in a similar fashion. It also has valence electrons that are excited by a narrow band of electromagnetic radiation. That band falls within the IR range. Unlike glass of a greenhouse, though, CO2 does not create a thin barrier at a set distance around the Earth, and it doesn't simply allow the radiation to pass through in one direction or the other. It absorbs the energy, and re-emits it in all directions, making CO2 more like a blanket than a greenhouse.

The climate alarmists admit to all the above, so do the skeptics, so none of that is controversial. The alarmists, however, claim that the radiation emitted by the CO2 molecules is then absorbed by other CO2 molecules, and the higher the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, the longer it takes for the heat to escape. They also claim that CO2 concentrations are increasing mostly in the upper atmosphere.

Here's the problem. That claim defies the laws of thermodynamics. Both conservation of energy and action =/opposite reaction. When you have molecules or atoms emitting energy, It's always at a lower level than what it absorbed. This is demonstrated easily with fluorescence and phosphoerescence. You shine the right frequency light onto a phosphorescent or fluorescent material, it emits a lower energy glow as all the valence electrons drop an orbit. CO2 is the same, meaning that the photons it emits are a lower energy level than what it absorbs, meaning, CO2 can't just keep passing photons back and forth to each other. The photons they emit are necessarily a lower frequency than what they absorb. So the lower frequency photons will pass right by other CO2 molecules.

Higher concentrations of CO2 in the outer atmosphere will necessarily prevent CO2 molecules closer to Earth from ever absorbing any IR energy, because the higher up CO2 will have converted all the IR in that band into lower frequency radiation, half of which would be emitted back into space immediately.

The entire premise is a sham. There has been no paper that has ever proven that CO2 contributes to global warming, because it literally cannot do so.

I hope this has been an illuminating read for all you science illiterate Twitter bot echo posters out there.

Next post I may explain why there is no such thing as "climate science" and why there can't be. Until then, keep burning those hydrocarbons. They are the best thing to ever happen to the planet and humans.

Earth's orbital cycles are 20,000 years long—or longer. They cannot explain global warming occurring over a single century. Try again.