climate catastrophe

Non sequitur

Forward thinking would be to exploit the smile* out of dinosaur technology and when the price is suppressed because of abundance you invest heavily in new technology like nuclear

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Earth's orbital cycles are 20,000 years long—or longer. They cannot explain global warming occurring over a single century. Try again.

No need to try. The cycles took us out of an Ice Age where the northern Ice Cap extended all the way down to New York. The average temperature had to be extremely cold for that to happen. The planet has been warming since. 1.5 degrees celsius, which isn't even true, over 150 years is not that much. People who are lead to believe that that much warming can destroy our ecosystems can't possibly be capable of thinking for themselves.

I realize you're going to take a while to address the electromagnetic spectrum issues. But you really can't. Climate "scientists" really just have no clue how atomic physics work, so they haven't generated short syllable responses for you to parrot.

Next Day Error

X - Other
No need to try. The cycles took us out of an Ice Age where the northern Ice Cap extended all the way down to New York. The average temperature had to be extremely cold for that to happen. The planet has been warming since. 1.5 degrees celsius, which isn't even true, over 150 years is not that much. People who are lead to believe that that much warming can destroy our ecosystems can't possibly be capable of thinking for themselves.

I realize you're going to take a while to address the electromagnetic spectrum issues. But you really can't. Climate "scientists" really just have no clue how atomic physics work, so they haven't generated short syllable responses for you to parrot.
The earth has warmed about 1.5º C since the Industrial Revolution. You don't get to make up facts, sir.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The earth has warmed about 1.5º C since the Industrial Revolution. You don't get to make up facts, sir.

Oh, sorry. Not 150 years, 250 years. That's even longer. Thanks for pointing out that the Earth hasn't warmed very much over an even longer period of time, even with made up data.

BTW, I got 150 years from the fact that reliable thermometers weren't invented until around the 1850's. Everything before that, all the way to the beginning of the geological record, is all made up guess work and speculation. How's that for facts?

Non sequitur

It's called not completely destroying our only home, dude.
Screenshot_20220806-154821.png

I'm for the little guy. Carbon footprint bad

rickyb

Oh, sorry. Not 150 years, 250 years. That's even longer. Thanks for pointing out that the Earth hasn't warmed very much over an even longer period of time, even with made up data.

BTW, I got 150 years from the fact that reliable thermometers weren't invented until around the 1850's. Everything before that, all the way to the beginning of the geological record, is all made up guess work and speculation. How's that for facts?
the facts are pretty solid

2 degrees makes large portions of this planet uninhabitable for many ppl. watch for africa and asia

rickyb

We need more energy period. "You say you want a revolution, well you know we all want to see the plan."
corporate america has no plan

its all short term profits

thats not a plan

their only plan is to make more money. so they discover new tech, and plan on when to gradually release it to keep the money coming in. this is a piss poor plan

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
the facts are pretty solid
Yeah, not in favor of climate catastrophe fantasy.

2 degrees makes large portions of this planet uninhabitable for many ppl. watch for africa and asia

Temperature varies more than that from day to day. You don't see people abandoning equatorial regions. You see more old people moving to warmer regions to get away from the cold.

Besides, I've been assured more heat means more moisture in the air. More rainfall means more plant life in usually arid regions. More plant life means increased energy absorption and decreased local temperature. It's almost as if this planet was created to support life.

rickyb

Yeah, not in favor of climate catastrophe fantasy.

Temperature varies more than that from day to day. You don't see people abandoning equatorial regions. You see more old people moving to warmer regions to get away from the cold.

Besides, I've been assured more heat means more moisture in the air. More rainfall means more plant life in usually arid regions. More plant life means increased energy absorption and decreased local temperature. It's almost as if this planet was created to support life.
no there will be less crops

were not at 2 degrees yet

Next Day Error

X - Other

Ice core studies, dude. Tree rings, fossil leaves, etc. You DON'T get to make up your own facts. These things are KNOWN, brother.

Next Day Error

X - Other
China had the right idea.
Spread a bug that would reduce the world's population and reduce man's impact on the climate.
Bullcrap. They fumbled the response from the beginning to present day with their stupid Zero Covid strategy. They've needlessly suffered because of the egos of those in the CCP. This wasn't their genius plan. Far from it, they're suffering as bad as any country has or worse.