Contract Boogieman

LagunaBrown

Nope....anybody who comes here often (other than when they have something to sell) knows that defending my BA is highly unlikely.

We don't buy into your "Fix The Master Through Your Supplement" system.

But hey, if you choose to be like the Company and through crap against wall to see what sticks, continue on.
You’re still trying to get people to vote down the Master because your Supplements stinks....... You keep putting a square peg in a round hole genius.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You’re still trying to get people to vote down the Master because your Supplements stinks....... You keep putting a square peg in a round hole genius.
No, we are saying we can't vote yes on our Supplements, until we feel comfortable voting yes on the Master.

....otherwise, how can we be sure that the Supplement sews up the holes?

Where am we losing you???

Superteeth2478

Your supplements and riders must suck. If your BA is telling you to vote no that means he must suck too. Fix your supplements and riders and you will be stoked.
You realize that some people may actually be voting no on the master because they realize that just because their supplement has language that fixes the weak points in the master it doesn't mean every region does, so if it passes as a whole some regions may still be screwed because of weak supplemental language? Do you understand the idea of a brotherhood?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You realize that some people may actually be voting no on the master because they realize that just because their supplement has language that fixes the weak points in the master it doesn't mean every region does, so if it passes as a whole some regions may still be screwed because of weak supplemental language? Do you understand the idea of a brotherhood?
Nope, he's happy that we are pitted against one another, under a supposed "National Master", as long as he gets what he wants in the West.

SMH

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I still don't understand that line of reasoning. If the master is bad, why shouldn't we vote no on it? The supplementals may be good, and may even fix all the problems in the master, but that's not a good reason to vote yes on a bad master.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'll say it again. Anyone who would vote yes on the first offer is a pushover. I'd bet they would pay full sticker price when car shopping too. Fools

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'll say it again. Anyone who would vote yes on the first offer is a pushover. I'd bet they would pay full sticker price when car shopping too. Fools
It really should be that way, but it seems to be?

.....because this is supposed to be an offer after many, over months??

Then we have @LagunaBrown telling us that one vote is for the chassis of the car (the Master), then the other vote is for the drive train (your Supplement).

.....but we have to vote on it all, at the same time, without the option of ordering "ala carte".

I smell a lemon.

LagunaBrown

Then we have @LagunaBrown telling us that one vote is for the chassis of the car (the Master), then the other vote is for the drive train (your Supplement).

.....but we have to vote on it all, at the same time, without the option of ordering "ala carte".

I smell a lemon.
Your crappy analogy is what your smelling. Stick to the contract please

rod

Retired 23 years

I smell a lemon.

I just go in and make them an offer. If they don't want to take it we "may" negotiate a bit but I have no trouble walking away. Eventually they normally see it your way. I would never accept their 1st offer.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I just go in and make them an offer. If they don't want to take it we "may" negotiate a bit but I have no trouble walking away. Eventually they normally see it your way. I would never accept their 1st offer.
I agree, but I'm saying this really isn't the "1st offer"....."we" have been negotiating for months.

This mindset is indicative of what's wrong, we think we are negotiating with the Company and Union???

LagunaBrown

I guess you should be on the national bargaining committee with all that knowledge you just gave.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No I just think most of you are vote no sheep
adf6a736-4a54-45b3-ad87-0337d6bf4d2d.gif