Contract Boogieman

Superteeth2478

No I just think most of you are vote no sheep
I think that seeing as how most of the past masters have passed on their first proposal (obviously barring the '97 contract, someone correct me if I'm wrong), the sheep are the ones voting yes, especially seeing as how the company and the union are pushing the contract and people are voting yes just like they're being told to without actually reading the language themselves...granted some people are voting no in much the same way, but that doesn't change that the status quo has been for the membership to pass contracts on the first try.

LagunaBrown

I think that seeing as how most of the past masters have passed on their first proposal (obviously barring the '97 contract, someone correct me if I'm wrong), the sheep are the ones voting yes, especially seeing as how the company and the union are pushing the contract and people are voting yes just like they're being told to without actually reading the language themselves...granted some people are voting no in much the same way, but that doesn't change that the status quo has been for the membership to pass contracts on the first try.
These are crazy times we live in.
I am amazed by how many Teamsters are getting their info from the vote no page. Now that is not the bad thing. The bad thing is there is no clarity on regional language so most do not understand what each locals negotiated over the last few decades. EVERY local has their own rules and language. I been asking the Vote no guys in my area why it’s a bad contract and they can’t say anything past 22.4 and catch up raises. You ask them to explain and it’s like they got marbles in their mouths. Now I have no problem with a vote either way but “sheep” to me are the ones that blindly follow either side. The vote no movement has certainly come of age in that regard.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I been asking the Vote no guys in my area why it’s a bad contract and they can’t say anything past 22.4 and catch up raises. You ask them to explain and it’s like they got marbles in their mouths.
Have you considered that maybe they just don't want to talk to you because you're a company stooge?

LagunaBrown

Have you considered that maybe they just don't want to talk to you because you're a company stooge?
Actually I have filed more grievances and got more money for my membership than you ever will. You are the typical vote no sheep that give brainless responses. It sounds tuff especially on the internet but really it’s quite worthless in the real world.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Actually I have filed more grievances and got more money for my membership than you ever will. You are the typical vote no sheep that give brainless responses. It sounds tuff especially on the internet but really it’s quite worthless because n the real world.
You're fake news bro.
No one believes you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Really? Funny how I always provide articles and contract language when we argue and you only call names. That’s because I read the contract and you are a vote no sheep.
Provide articles and contract language?
You provided nothing. It's all available online. Copying and pasting the terrible language here doesn't make you any more informed.

You're sitting here calling people who see that this is a bad contract sheep, and you're gonna have the nerve to say all I do is "call names".

Your game is weak Tony.

LagunaBrown

You provided nothing. It's all available online. Copying and pasting the terrible language here doesn't make you any more informed.

You're sitting here calling people who see that this is a bad contract sheep, and you're gonna have the nerve to say all I do is "call names".

Your game is weak Tony.
Ok why is it bad? Let’s see what you got.

LagunaBrown

You provided nothing. It's all available online.
If you read the whole thread you would know one of my complaints was people were voting no and had not even seen the language because it was not posted online yet. Now it is so let’s see what you learned sheep. You calling names and posting emoji rating don’t do much for your debate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thats not an explanation, you are proving my point as YOU are dancing around the issue.
It is an explanation, you're dancing around it because you don't want to hear it. There is no reason for the 22.4 language to be in the contract.

Maybe you can explain why you think the contract needs another lower paid driver.

LagunaBrown

It is an explanation. There is no reason for the 22.4 language to be in the contract.

Maybe you can explain why you think the contract needs another lower paid driver.
Well for starters we already have a lower paid part time employee than the 22.4 doing all that anyways so the 22.4 language actually upgrades that to full time pension. What do you think about THAT!

LagunaBrown

If a part time air driver is doing ground he it she is getting too ground rate. Not this garbage money they are offering .
Ok here is where I show you language because you guys are doubting Thomas’ and don’t even know what I am talking about. I never said it was an air driver. Since it’s all online go read section 38 in the Southwest Package Rider and get back to me sheep.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well for startes we already have a lower paid part time employee than the 22.4 doing all that anyways so the 22.4 language actually upgrades that to full time pension. What do you think about THAT!
You're not answering the question.
They can hire more RPCDs to work T-S.
You're taking a spanking giving the company weekends, then saying "thank you sir may I have another", and accepting lower pay to do it.

There is no reason for 22.4 to exist.
It is a concession.
Sellout contract.